+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    If Ruben, Cameron & Nemane have still not re-signed by the start of pre-season training I personally would withdraw their contract offers because by then, the only reason they would be signing a new contract is because no other club has made them a better offer. Their hearts would no longer be in Notts so just let them go and be out of work if necessary or end up back in the NL. No player is bigger than the club.
    You're at it. I thought people were warned about trolling on here.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    You're at it. I thought people were warned about trolling on here.
    Why would you want to keep them if their heart is not with the club?

And Football League World's sources have confirmed that the Magpies have put an offer on the table for McGoldrick to return to his first professional club - the one he departed in 2004 for Southampton - to potentially finish his career on Trentside.

Sources have told FLW that McGoldrick is now weighing up his options between Derby and Notts County, with no decision made just yet, but they are the two offers on the table as he looks to sort out potentially the final contract of his career.

McGoldrick has previously confirmed that he is a Notts County supporter from his early years, and he could be enticed with one or two final years at the club, where he could form a potential partnership with prolific attacker Macaulay Langstaff, who netted 41 times for the Magpies in the National League last season.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/so...esh-agreement/

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    prolific attacker Macaulay Langstaff, who netted 41 times for the Magpies in the National League last season.
    Fake news!

O/T post but just thought Ange Postecoglou's description of his Celtic team seems to fit Luke Williams plan for Notts;

"not just 11 players, but 11 attackers, a disciplined and fluid build-up from box to box that moves like water and is nigh unstoppable"

Why would you want to keep them if their heart is not with the club?
    Their hearts might be here but if someone offers them considerably more money to play in a higher league they should absolutely take it.

If their performance collapsed we wouldn't care if their hearts were in the club, Luke would stop putting them on the field and we'd eventually sell them or not renew their contracts. It's not like the position of anyone's organs is a deciding factor when it comes to recruitment.

If Ruben, Cameron & Nemane have still not re-signed by the start of pre-season training I personally would withdraw their contract offers because by then, the only reason they would be signing a new contract is because no other club has made them a better offer. Their hearts would no longer be in Notts so just let them go and be out of work if necessary or end up back in the NL. No player is bigger than the club.
    I swear the drama queens come out earlier every year.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    #viva

Brava !

They're more like spoilt children - "I want them to sign and I want them to do it NOW!!!"

My sense is that all the out-of-contract players will sign new contracts (if they haven't already) and that our media team will drip-feed us the news in a series of dramatic announcements. There - I've said it.

Page 67 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast