+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 68 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    They're more like spoilt children - "I want them to sign and I want them to do it NOW!!!"

My sense is that all the out-of-contract players will sign new contracts (if they haven't already) and that our media team will drip-feed us the news in a series of dramatic announcements. There - I've said it.
    I’m inclined to agree and is possibly why the early bird ST prices were extended.
    But if that’s not the case then so be it. For people to say their heart isn’t in it because we were the best offer is beyond stupid.
    By that logic, a players heart can only ever be in it, if they sign for someone who didn’t make the best offer!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I’m inclined to agree and is possibly why the early bird ST prices were extended.
    But if that’s not the case then so be it. For people to say their heart isn’t in it because we were the best offer is beyond stupid.
    By that logic, a players heart can only ever be in it, if they sign for someone who didn’t make the best offer!
    It’s funny how some fans fail to see football for what it is: a job, with a very short window in which to make money. I wouldn’t blame any player for looking to better themselves at the end of their contract, which is precisely the time to do it. I’d still be disappointed if any of the
    players moved to another club in our division, though, because I think we’re (finally) a great club to be at.

Let’s see what happens over the next couple of weeks, but I’m sure the club have contingency plans in place in case anyone doesn’t want to sign a new contract. I think we’ll lose a couple to higher leagues (Ruben, Aaron), but hope to be proven wrong.

If McGoldrick were to sign that would give us 4 front men. Would we be able to adopt a system that keeps them all happy or might Macca be on the way out? I know we can play 5 subs but I’m fearing the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    If McGoldrick were to sign that would give us 4 front men. Would we be able to adopt a system that keeps them all happy or might Macca be on the way out? I know we can play 5 subs but I’m fearing the worst.
    Good issue to have. Not all will be fit/not suspended all the time.

Surprisingly (for me) I remain optimistic about the squad that will start the season, even though I’ve no idea about a third of it.

Must be radar love.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    If we play a similar formation to last season, LW will probably want at least 6 'forwards' to rotate (which he did well last season).

Assume that Nemane and Randall are wingbacks, Kairo's gone, Ruben probably too and I think Munakandafa will go out on loan again, leaving us (probably) with Langstaff, Scott, Jones and Morias. I think there's room for a couple more of these type of players.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Good issue to have. Not all will be fit/not suspended all the time.

Surprisingly (for me) I remain optimistic about the squad that will start the season, even though I’ve no idea about a third of it.

Must be radar love.
    If would be a great issue to have. We were fortunate last season that Macca, Scott, Rodders were rarely injured or suspended.

I tend to limit all my worry, concern and fearing the worst to the actual season. Pre season for me is to replace, recharge, enjoy the rumours and travel.

Must be Don, it's nice to have optimism and a time of the year where there is always much uncertainty #radarlove

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    If would be a great issue to have. We were fortunate last season that Macca, Scott, Rodders were rarely injured or suspended.

I tend to limit all my worry, concern and fearing the worst to the actual season. Pre season for me is to replace, recharge, enjoy the rumours and travel.

Must be Don, it's nice to have optimism and a time of the year where there is always much uncertainty #radarlove
    Scott was out a lot. Took a while to recover from COVID early on in the season and then had a few injuries at the end of the season. Morias was also unfit to do anything as well, one of the reasons Langstaff slowed up the goals in the final part of the season for me was he was exhausted because there was no one to replace him

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Scott was out a lot. Took a while to recover from COVID early on in the season and then had a few injuries at the end of the season. Morias was also unfit to do anything as well, one of the reasons Langstaff slowed up the goals in the final part of the season for me was he was exhausted because there was no one to replace him
    Agreed.

Funny how some people forget this.

We need more options, that’s a fact. Wrexham got the upper hand in the end due to squad depth. We are in a tougher league, will be playing more games of football (league and cups) against sides that are much much better than the NL had. The top 8-10 NL were competitive, but below that the vast majority of teams were bang average for that level.
    I heard a piece from Nigel Clough who stated that next season would be the hardest L2 he could recall. The 2 best teams to come from the NL ever, several established L2 clubs and then the 4 that came down from L1 will all fancy their chances. He reckons 16 clubs could be in the mix.
    Normally with any league you have a handful.

Oh yeah. Funny but with me not surprising Thanks for reminding me CBP

Morais doesn't really count for me due to the date he arrived, and carrying a small knock from previously club.

Help me out was Scott and TAR the only long be term injuries/illness last season? Or am I forgetting someone else? My perception was we were overall fortunate on that front with key men fit all season.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Oh yeah. Funny but with me not surprising Thanks for reminding me CBP

Morais doesn't really count for me due to the date he arrived, and carrying a small knock from previously club.

Help me out was Scott and TAR the only long be term injuries/illness last season? Or am I forgetting someone else? My perception was we were overall fortunate on that front with key men fit all season.
    Brindley missed pretty much the entire second half of the season and was first choice before that. O’Brien got injured against Wrexham when he was playing every game and out for a couple of months, think Baldwin had some reasonable spells out as well.

Page 68 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast