+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 126 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1471

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Not sure what I wrote for the second word that was censored LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I don't want to be pedantic while you two argue, but I don't think either Bird or Osborne really came 'through our ranks' at Notts.

They both came through the ranks at Dunkirk and we signed them both in their late ****s from there.
    Sam played for Notts under 18s season 2016/2017 and was prolific scorer for them, before Alan Hardy suggested he was good enough for the first team. Bird did come from Dunkirk as you say, but Nottingham lads all the same..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    They were home grown players, so it gives you satisfaction to see them come through the ranks.. At least they were given a chance..
    I know that gives football fans satisfaction, and naturally the supporters are less critical and give them more time. There's a famous chant about such players.

But are they lost causes? Do you still hope that these ex-Notts players can really go on and succeed in the FL? Or have they peaked at Non League level?

I would suggest his past record says enough to form an opinion... If he was any good at that age he would have had more games under his belt... You obviously have a soft spot for lost causes..
    Nemane & Bostock to name 2 yep lost causes 🙀🤷🏻

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    The fact Rangers have had a look at him gives some hope that he’s some sort of player. You can’t just write in for a trial and get a first team game. Durhams gone to new levels of judging, now even before he’s even stepped on a blade of grass 😂
    Basically most of what Durham posts the opposite is closer to fact

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Very difficult to judge in friendlies because the intensity is nothing like a first-team game in League Two, but my impression of Claxton yesterday was that he looked confident on the ball and didn't do too much wrong defensively, albeit he never really got tested. I think he did enough to warrant a further look, ideally in a situation where he's under more pressure, but we'll need to #Trust the Radar and Luke Williams' judgement on whether he's ready for the hurly-burly of League Two.
    I think even in Division 2 we will look to dominate the ball so if he can play out from the back will have a good chance of us signing him as a squad player with a view to playing in the League Cup and the Mini League we have then it’s up to him whether he forces his way in as a regular

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Basically most of what Durham posts the opposite is closer to fact
    The Battered *******s of Baseball is a great documentary whose recruitment policy is mirrored in ours to some extent when you consider Bostock, Jones, Baldwin and potentially the trialist.

Nemane & Bostock to name 2 yep lost causes ������
    You obviously dont read my current post regarding those 2.. yawwwwnnn

You obviously dont read my current post regarding those 2.. yawwwwnnn
    Durham they were examples, you are negative towards a lot of players if I remember right you said we shouldn't sign McGoldrick.
    You had also wrote this Claxton lad off before you had seen him or know/knew a lot about him.
    Basically think before you type and give players a chance ... and also people can have an opinion if they see the match on TV, quite often they have a better view and have the added bonus of a replay ... or numerous.

Durham they were examples, you are negative towards a lot of players if I remember right you said we shouldn't sign McGoldrick.
    You had also wrote this Claxton lad off before you had seen him or know/knew a lot about him.
    Basically think before you type and give players a chance ... and also people can have an opinion if they see the match on TV, quite often they have a better view and have the added bonus of a replay ... or numerous.
    My view on streaming is that sometimes you dont always get to see what is happening elsewhere on the pitch. Whereas, some streaming platforms have just one camera, and they always tend to follow the player with the ball..

Page 126 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast