+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 109 of 148 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1471

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

First of all we don’t know for definite that he has gone(but after so long waiting for him to sign the new contract he’s more likely to be leaving) it probably is to do with money but will also mean he plays higher and where does his family want to live etc
    Yes LW made him better and gave him confidence last season but he’s still the one with the ability and pace

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    To be fair. I would think a very high proportion of the French nation do t give a fluck about Notts.

Nemane might well have been born French but I think he was raised in Manchester?

Nah that was the Gibb brothers

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Nah that was the Gibb brothers
    What ever happens Notts are Stayin Alive and will be having Saturday Night Fever after every win.

Pinned tweet gone on the official Twitter page...

TBH if Neman’s has gone so be it. LW made him better, let’s see what he can do with with a half decent league player.

Wish he/we would just announce it either way. That way I can start my annual squad thread. On a more sensible note, I’d like Aaron to stay but won’t be too concerned if he leaves. Was a good 45min (not 20) player often linking up well with Ruben for the inside the fullback ball but as others have stated his final ball was not great. Randall, Tobi, Austin to name but a few could easily do a great job at right wing.

Good luck, Aaron if it's true. Thanks for your shining role in The Undeniables season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    For all the excitement he gave us last season I feel he is certainly replaceable. A few on here have mentioned his last ditch tackle v Borehamwood that certainly saved our season. However, he was generally poor defensively, not a massive problem last year but it will be the higher we go. Always far too much room behind him. My biggest criticism would be his final ball, his pace and trickery provided him with countless crossing opportunities, not often was a considered or quality ball delivered. I've always felt that TAR when fit is the better crosser and defender, though he needs to get and stay fit. If Nemane has gone, I wish him well, but as we've offered him a deal he can only be going for money! Obviously more than Notts feel he is worth.
    Entirely correct.

Also agree with that all that he's definitely replaceable, the vast majority of the squad are. Unsurprisingly given his history defensively he's suspect, but that was also added to by the fact he was playing a new position, high up the pitch where we had possession and were attacking the majority of every game. So not really a concern, that will change in higher division. Whoever takes him may play him as a traditional winger or believe it's improvements at the wing back role can and will continue. He's got lots of pace, packed full of stamina and stays fit. His final ball from the byline could and should have been better but it was tier 5 most players could do with a better final ball a lot of the time. His play with Ruben and Matty were a dream to watch and he created plenty of assists, great chances for others , was always a danger and allowed his wing back partner to make those largely unnoticed late runs and helped his incredible goal tally.

If he leaves and goes to L1, as rumoured, if it's a 2 year deal he's coming up to 26 so prime time to cash in on a better deal. Even if it's doesn't work out, L1 is a step too far as I believe it will be he would likely pick up a L2 club to carry on his career.

Page 109 of 148 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast