+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 148 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Bit early for this I know but can't stop wondering...

Does promotion mean we'll be able to keep hold of Ruben?

I always suspected when it was mentioned post match earlier on in the season and he gave the camera a little wink that if we got promoted he would sign a contract extension... wasn't anywhere near his best in the last couple of games but undoubedly our best player when he's on it and has been consistently class.

Does this mean we now have a realistic chance of signing Jodi Jones?

Should Slocombe still be our #1 next season if we bring another keeper in?

Will EFL football for Notts now be a significant detterant to ward off interest in Langstaff? It would take something substantial for our owners to even consider it and I doub't now that anyone below the Championship would have enough of a draw for Macca to want to leave.

Can't wait to see who we're linked with, buzzing for next season - Keep the core of the team and bring in some class editions, I reckon we'll be able to give the playoff's a right good go. COYP.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-05-2023 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Amended title to reflect evolving thread content

Quote Originally Posted by CheezyNCFC View Post

I always suspected when it was mentioned post match earlier on in the season and he gave the camera a little wink that if we got promoted he would sign a contract extension... wasn't anywhere near his best in the last couple of games but undoubedly our best player when he's on it and has been consistently class.

Will EFL football for Notts now be a significant detterant to ward off interest in Langstaff? It would take something substantial for our owners to even consider it and I doub't now that anyone below the Championship would have enough of a draw for Macca to want to leave.

Can't wait to see who we're linked with, buzzing for next season - Keep the core of the team and bring in some class editions, I reckon we'll be able to give the playoff's a right good go. COYP.
    I've a feeling Rubes might decide to stay, he's dropped a few hints that he might want to. Jodi? depends on the money he's after. Sloco? As much as I like the guy, I'm afraid an upgrade is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by CheezyNCFC View Post

1) I think so
    2) Yes
    3) No
    4) Probably not, but we're less likely to get low balled on the fee

Danny Johnson from Mansfield who’s just been released if Macca goes.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I've a feeling Rubes might decide to stay, he's dropped a few hints that he might want to. Jodi? depends on the money he's after. Sloco? As much as I like the guy, I'm afraid an upgrade is needed.
    Wouldn't mind keeping Slocombe as a second choice next season. But the defence is the main area in need.

I'd say we'll need a left wing back, potentially 2 if we move chicksen into centre back, at least one centre back, maybe 2, a goalkeeper, a central midfielder or two depending on departures, and potentially a striker if macca leaves.

I'd say we should have a look at Tyler Cordner at Aldershot but now we've gone up, I wouldn't say no to a centreback with more league experience.

The whole defensive setup needs the biggest overhaul for League 2.

I don't know if he's out of contract yet or not, but I'd certainly keep an eye on David McGoldrick too, as I'm sure he's made it clear in the past he'd be open to returning to notts at some point.

None of the defenders are anywhere near the level required. Maybe Chicksen as a left side in a 3 but Cameron Baldwin are error ridden. Rawlo has improved in a footballing sense but just not mobile enough. I've been disappointed that it wasn't addressed in part in the transfer window. Does Radar only do attacking players????

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    I don't know if he's out of contract yet or not, but I'd certainly keep an eye on David McGoldrick too, as I'm sure he's made it clear in the past he'd be open to returning to notts at some point.
    I think Derby have recently offered him a renewed contract and at 35, he doesn't strike me as a "radar" signing.

Page 1 of 148 1231151101 ... LastLast