+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 66 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Isn’t there a limit on the number of Squad players a team can have in L2 ie; 22?
    22 players but I think under 21 are not counted, also that is outfield players

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    McGoldrick won’t count as an ‘under 21 player then’ - there should also be an exemption for pensioners

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Alf Tupper would have laughed at a life that easy! Alf would work a 16 hour night shift at the foundry, have fish and chips for breakfast and grab an hours sleep before beating the posh boys on the track.

He was probably one of the reasons I chose Notts, a lifelong love for the underdog.
    Tough of the track, I remember it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    22 outfield players, 3 goalkeepers and those who were under 21 at the start of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Wouldn't be competing with Langstaff and the comparisons on this thread with Lee Hughes are equally pointless.

He'd be more of a 10 (bye bye Ruben) nowadays, although he spent much of his (younger) career as a number 9.

I still don't think he'll sign, but to those that are rubbishing the idea, if he does sign, that means the analyst and coaching teams want him, so TRUST THE PROCESS.

There's a big difference between the top half of League 2 and the teams in the bottom half of the NL that we dominated every week or 2. Luke Williams will know this and know that he needs a bit of experience and nouse in the mix. A relatively fit McGoldrick, playing only league games, would walk into any team in the league. if the club want him, I'm happy.
    He was playing as a 9 for Derby last season but played more as a 10 in his career - so can play either

Derby have offered McG a one year whilst
    Notts have offered a two year.
    Financially we are no where near.
    If his heart rules his wallet then there's a chance.
    What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    Derby have offered McG a one year whilst
    Notts have offered a two year.
    Financially we are no where near.
    If his heart rules his wallet then there's a chance.
    What would you do?
    Stay at Derby..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Stay at Derby..
    As a lifelong Notts fan the opportunity to join the club for the final two seasons of your career whilst the club is in the best state it’s been in for decades? It’s be a no brainer for me, I’d jump at the chance….depends what his mrs says I guess at the end of the day, women have expensive tastes!

If Ruben, Cameron & Nemane have still not re-signed by the start of pre-season training I personally would withdraw their contract offers because by then, the only reason they would be signing a new contract is because no other club has made them a better offer. Their hearts would no longer be in Notts so just let them go and be out of work if necessary or end up back in the NL. No player is bigger than the club.

You been hitting the bottle early again banjo

Page 66 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast