Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
Ruben seems to have indicated he is happy at Notts and would probably have stayed even if we hadn't gone up.

Macca, I'm not so sure about. The defences in non-league seemed have sussed him out, if so, L2 defenders being a ****y bit more able will have some bad news for him. Perhaps if Scott or another proper striker were to play alongside him he might find the bit of space he needs for his quick skills to shine in.

Slocombe I'm afraid, has had his day and the mistakes are starting to creep in. Keep him as backup though.

Chicksen and Nemane deserve their chances in L2 where they might find a bit more space without being outnumbered on the flanks. The non-leagues defenders, having less ability, found crowding out Nemane more effective than trying to stop him receiving the ball. Chicksen was often starved of the ball but still managed a decent goal tally.

Palmer is clever and alert enough to outwit any defending L2 midfielder and should stay. As should Bostock who has become a revelation, and Jodi too as a fast late impact hit-man.

Close season games against opposition higher than non-league (or Carlton Town!) should sort out the worth of the rest of the squad. Sign another proven striker though, preferably from L1, or some unknown foreigner.
I think Macca has just gone off the boil a bit. Chances are still coming for him, but he's just not converting them in the way that he was. Having said that it's been a long hard season.