+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 136 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1471

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post
    Not unless we switch to a four, but can’t see that happening regularly this season.
    Or he can do what Nemane can do?

4 at the back suits the defenders we have now, but then you lose one of Palmer, Bostock, Crowley or Didzy as you’d assume Macca, Nemane and Jones would take the main attacking positions in a 4-2-3-1.
    I dont think the system is broke. Yesterday showed that attacking wise, we are fine. We just need to help the back 3 out. For me it’s 1 centre half short especially if we get Baldwin back to form.
    I have no idea if Tipton is the answer, I have no concern (unlike some) over the fact he is 19. You can still be good enough and effective at that age. We have had some tremendous loanees in the past that have fixed problems. Admittedly these have been in helping the team be more creative (Jorge Grant, Callum MacGregor and Jack Grealish all jump to mind). LW sees him at training, Lord they had him on trial, so why hasn’t he been given a proper outing over the first week of the season? If he isn’t going to be used (apart from that ****e EFL trophy thing) then how his he developing? How does he help us?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Or he can do what Nemane can do?

4 at the back suits the defenders we have now, but then you lose one of Palmer, Bostock, Crowley or Didzy as you’d assume Macca, Nemane and Jones would take the main attacking positions in a 4-2-3-1.
    I dont think the system is broke. Yesterday showed that attacking wise, we are fine. We just need to help the back 3 out. For me it’s 1 centre half short especially if we get Baldwin back to form.
    I have no idea if Tipton is the answer, I have no concern (unlike some) over the fact he is 19. You can still be good enough and effective at that age. We have had some tremendous loanees in the past that have fixed problems. Admittedly these have been in helping the team be more creative (Jorge Grant, Callum MacGregor and Jack Grealish all jump to mind). LW sees him at training, Lord they had him on trial, so why hasn’t he been given a proper outing over the first week of the season? If he isn’t going to be used (apart from that ****e EFL trophy thing) then how his he developing? How does he help us?
    We saw with Tobi and some extend Bostock, LW likes to work out some of the kinks before throwing players in. Tipton has obviously been brought in based on what we saw when on trial. He’ll get game time I’m sure. If a back 3 of Cameron, Baldwin, Tipton can’t defend balls into the box then I’d like to see another more commanding defender come in. We have a few weeks to work it out. A ball winner option in midfield to replace Baj wouldn’t go a miss either.

I think that we can defend, as proved yesterday to a degree, when we decided to sit back and protect our lead, for the last thirty mins or so. Their is a difference between this, and getting caught out of position when attacking, or giving the ball away carelessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I think that we can defend, as proved yesterday to a degree, when we decided to sit back and protect our lead, for the last thirty mins or so. Their is a difference between this, and getting caught out of position when attacking, or giving the ball away carelessly.
    I agree. Though yesterday, with the first goal, Brinds didn’t do enough to engage with the scorer. It’s not as though he was worried about another player. The initial mistake from Nemane killed Rawlinson, but the goal was still avoidable after that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Lynch has left Crawley after agreement to end his contract: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66492203

On our radar? Wonder what the story is?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Lynch has left Crawley after agreement to end his contract: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66492203

On our radar? Wonder what the story is?
    It would be a definite No from me..! A 35 year old centre back, no thanks.!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    It would be a definite No from me..! A 35 year old centre back, no thanks.!
    I'm all for adding experience, but it's not just the age, only 44 apps since season 2019-20? None in 2022-23? Twud prob be a no from me.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I'm all for adding experience, but it's not just the age, only 44 apps since season 2019-20? None in 2022-23? Twud prob be a no from me.
    Thanks for the added info CG I think Radar would be lit up like a Christmas tree with warning lights on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Unless he has an unbelievable leap, is he really the answer to our defensive frailties? Another sub 6ft player.
    5ft 9in. Perhaps they could play him as a defensive midfielder?

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    5ft 9in. Perhaps they could play him as a defensive midfielder?
    If we sign him, it will be as a right back, and means a change in shape

Page 136 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast