+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 124 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1471

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    If they are good enough they are old enough !!
    You win nothing with kids said Alan Hansen - what did he know !!
    Well, it seems that he is not good enough..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Well, it seems that he is not good enough..
    Typical Durham comment a very empty one !!
    Durham how many times have you seen this 21 year old play to form this opinion ?

Durham how many times have you seen this 21 year old play to form this opinion ?
    I would suggest his past record says enough to form an opinion... If he was any good at that age he would have had more games under his belt... You obviously have a soft spot for lost causes..

As many times as you but not as many times as the clubs that haven't taken him on beyond youth level (perhaps LW has seen a late developer at 21), if he is on the brink of joining us then good luck to him. He certainly fits the bill at 192 cm and 90kg.

The fact Rangers have had a look at him gives some hope that he’s some sort of player. You can’t just write in for a trial and get a first team game. Durhams gone to new levels of judging, now even before he’s even stepped on a blade of grass 😂

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    As many times as you but not as many times as the clubs that haven't taken him on beyond youth level (perhaps LW has seen a late developer at 21), if he is on the brink of joining us then good luck to him. He certainly fits the bill at 192 cm and 90kg.
    Yep, I think Ruben had only played 40-50 first team games when he joined us at 23. Harry Kane was viewed as absolutely donkey in his early years, you can’t read too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Here's hoping, that's about the standard of defender we need to be targeting.
    But for him there would probably be too much competition from L1 and above even, if Barnsley falls through.
    Yep gives us some hope maybe, would be good because personally I think we’re currently miles off in defensive coverage,

Jesse Debrah has been mentioned a few times but Journo Alan Nixon is saying he's having a medical at Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I've only been able to unearth match data for one game for Nathan Claxton. He played 45 mins at RCB for Rangers in a 4-1 friendly win over Huddersfield Town 'B' in August last year.

His stats for that one half of football were actually very good. 86% Successful actions, 90% actuarate passes, 80% duels won, 75% aerial duels won and he also scored with a header from a corner. Unfortunately I have no data for his 4 appearances with Academica's U23s in Portugal.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds at Notts, have they seen something in him worth a closer look? Does seem an odd one though.
    Very difficult to judge in friendlies because the intensity is nothing like a first-team game in League Two, but my impression of Claxton yesterday was that he looked confident on the ball and didn't do too much wrong defensively, albeit he never really got tested. I think he did enough to warrant a further look, ideally in a situation where he's under more pressure, but we'll need to #Trust the Radar and Luke Williams' judgement on whether he's ready for the hurly-burly of League Two.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I would suggest his past record says enough to form an opinion... If he was any good at that age he would have had more games under his belt... You obviously have a soft spot for lost causes..
    Like you with Sam Osborne and Pierce Bird with their past records?

Would they fall into the same category of 'lost causes' with them currently plying their trade at Buxton FC and AFC Fylde respectively?

Page 124 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast