+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 148 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    In the old days it was worth making suggestions , realistic or otherwise, but with #radar being so damn good I'm not gonna bother. It's a compliment to the owners and club
    Agree

I see all the ‘wannabee’ managers are out in force, FFS this group of players have taken us back to the EFL and yet the ‘know it alls’ on here want to put many of them out of work!!! - “Unbelievable Jeff”

I am a fan of consistency.. its a good group who know the system, so I think we only need some small amount of tinkering...more pace needed from those we bring in though.

How many people have been googling "EFL start date 2023/24" this morning? Can't be just me!

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/ef...202324-season/

Fixture Release Date – Thursday 22 June 2023, 9am
    Start Date – Saturday 5 August 2023 (with a likely live game on Friday 4 August)
    Carabao Cup Round One – w/c 7 August 2023
    Carabao Cup Final – Sunday 25 February 2024
    EFL Trophy Round One – w/c 4 September 2023
    EFL Trophy Final – Sunday 7 April 2024
    League One Play-Off Final – Saturday 18 May 2024
    League Two Play-Off Final – Sunday 19 May 2024
    Championship Play-Off Final – Sunday 26 May 2024

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I think Macca has just gone off the boil a bit. Chances are still coming for him, but he's just not converting them in the way that he was. Having said that it's been a long hard season.
    I’m in no doubt that Macca has played both PO games injured.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I see all the ‘wannabee’ managers are out in force, FFS this group of players have taken us back to the EFL and yet the ‘know it alls’ on here want to put many of them out of work!!! - “Unbelievable Jeff”
    Exactly. Quite embarrassing really.

If the choice is ours I expect that 4/5 will go and would hope to add 6/7 to the group. Next season will IMO require a slightly bigger squad to deal with the extra demand of cup competitions. We’ve moaned about the FA trophy but now we’ll be in the League cup, FA cup and the EFL trophy - so a guaranteed minimum of 5 cup games on top of 46 tougher league games. It’s a much better problem to have though.

LW has alluded to consistency, and I expect he and the club will maintain that. Slocombe does make mistakes BUT he is put under extra pressure in a sense of how much he’s expected to use his feet. LW recognises this whilst some fans still don’t. Slocombe is fairly certain to be at Notts next season as I expect him to be offered a contract and rightly so.

the biggest signing/appointment will be how we replace Jason Turner. Thought how the club honoured him yesterday was absolutely fantastic and also demonstrates what a miss he will be, absolute massive decision for the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I’m in no doubt that Macca has played both PO games injured.
    We may never know. What we do now know is that he knows how to take the perfect penalty. That one yesterday was unstoppable - unless Archie Mair was in goal, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I think Macca has just gone off the boil a bit. Chances are still coming for him, but he's just not converting them in the way that he was. Having said that it's been a long hard season.
    Im not sure they have sussed him it seems teams have played a 6 man defence with two mids in front.

Chesterfield invited us onto them and you gotta be switched on a lot to defend like that.

Langstaff will score goals in league two as I expect more teams to go at us which gives us more space.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 14-05-2023 at 11:23 AM.

Who we buy depends on who leaves, who we sell and who is not deemed good enough for L2. It's really simple. I predict a mixture of all of those!

Page 4 of 148 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast