+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our 'terribly white' Royal Family

Our 'terribly white' Royal Family

"The row over the ‘terribly white’ Royal balcony exposes the hypocrisy of the woke Left".

"During ITV’s live coverage of the Coronation last Saturday, the actress Adjoa Andoh – who plays Lady Danbury in Bridgerton – described the shot of the Royal family standing on the balcony of Buckingham Palace as “terribly white”. This comment has now provoked more complaints to Ofcom than anything else on TV this year.

Personally, I’m all for freedom of speech. So I think Ms Andoh is entitled to her view. The only trouble is, I don’t understand it. What exactly was she trying to say?

The use of the word “terribly” implies disapproval. It suggests that there’s something wrong with the Royal family all being white. But if so, what are they supposed to do about it? Should the Royal family introduce a quota system? Pledge to ensure that a minimum 15 per cent of Royal family members are non-white by 2030? Arrange for all members of the family who are currently single to be married off to non-white partners, so that they can produce non-white children?"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columnis...iftigniter-rhr

Actually I feel for the young lady at the centre of this storm in a tea cup. Her comment is perfectly understandable, she's simply reflecting on the world she sees around her. Every time she watches a film there will be black actors, often portraying people who would have been white in reality, every TV soap features black actors, every TV series will feature black actors, many of our top politicians are black, so are TV newsreaders, TV sports presenters and pundits, rare indeed is a TV or magazine advert that doesn't feature a black person or a black family.

So when Adjoa sees an all white family line up on the Palace balcony, it must have come as something of a shock, unreal almost to her, no wonder she commented on it, it was such an unusual sight for someone of her age. Leave her alone.

Well said, sinkov,so much diversity in every part of our society, however, the Royal Family are all white apart from the member who removed herself and her husband, in spite of every effort made by the British media and public to make her an accepted member of this terribly white Royal family.

It's laughable, it's like watching the film Zulu and saying why are there no white zulus?

A little bit of walking around these parts i e, the Negev desert would add a bit of colour to their faces, or even around the Galilee (even siting on a deck chair at the sea side near me ,would also add a 'wee' bit too. We have had several 'Brits' that have dared to sit by our pool in the sunshine too long, and ended up looking like 'Red Indians' come late afternoon!

Are there any white Germans?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Are there any white Germans?
    I have plenty of white German friends, thay live mainly in the Black Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    🤣🤣👍

I very much doubt the "colour"comment came out naturally....she a scripted agitator more like.

....and I have no care the skin pigment of Mswati III of Swaziland, his 15 wives, or his 45 children.

as for proclaiming himself "King"....

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I am glad you got the joke Supersub6, where on earth are we going to find naturally black Germans, certainly not in Windsor.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "The row over the ‘terribly white’ Royal balcony exposes the hypocrisy of the woke Left".

"During ITV’s live coverage of the Coronation last Saturday, the actress Adjoa Andoh – who plays Lady Danbury in Bridgerton – described the shot of the Royal family standing on the balcony of Buckingham Palace as “terribly white”. This comment has now provoked more complaints to Ofcom than anything else on TV this year.

Personally, I’m all for freedom of speech. So I think Ms Andoh is entitled to her view. The only trouble is, I don’t understand it. What exactly was she trying to say?

The use of the word “terribly” implies disapproval. It suggests that there’s something wrong with the Royal family all being white. But if so, what are they supposed to do about it? Should the Royal family introduce a quota system? Pledge to ensure that a minimum 15 per cent of Royal family members are non-white by 2030? Arrange for all members of the family who are currently single to be married off to non-white partners, so that they can produce non-white children?"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columnis...iftigniter-rhr

Actually I feel for the young lady at the centre of this storm in a tea cup. Her comment is perfectly understandable, she's simply reflecting on the world she sees around her. Every time she watches a film there will be black actors, often portraying people who would have been white in reality, every TV soap features black actors, every TV series will feature black actors, many of our top politicians are black, so are TV newsreaders, TV sports presenters and pundits, rare indeed is a TV or magazine advert that doesn't feature a black person or a black family.

So when Adjoa sees an all white family line up on the Palace balcony, it must have come as something of a shock, unreal almost to her, no wonder she commented on it, it was such an unusual sight for someone of her age. Leave her alone.
    She’s quite obviously racist in the highest order and then we wander why we have issues

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)