+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finances

Finances

So after the play offs, how much extra will we have made to boost the coffers?

Good question and I'd love to know if anyone has any real insight.

Combined attendances of 54,000 for our two games including the more expensive tickets for the final. How much is it actually worth (net) to the club in terms of £££ alongside the longer term benefits, of bigger attendances next season, more merchandise sales, more season tickets sold etc.

Not much. I don't think we get any gate receipts for the final, and TV payments aren't huge - Hartlepool got about two grand when they went up.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/spo...mpaign-3294460

No receipts for the final!!!!!!!? I was under the impression the finalists got a proportion of it.

I note when Hartlepool went up they played at Ashton Gate in front of 6,600, so a rather different scenario to yesterday.

That does sound a bit crap.

At least we had a nice sum of money for the war chest from the semi final at ML.

I seem to remember a lot of the protests over ticket prices last year were because gate receipts went straight to NL coffers. I haven't seen any rules for the NL tier 5 playoffs written down though, only tier 6 and below.

Here's the comment. I guess it might be open to interpretation.

“To be clear, he National League will not be taking any profits from Sunday’s final – 100% of the proceeds will go back to our member clubs.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football...lihull-grimsby

I don’t expect the owners to put in large sums of cash, for me they have done enough already and I will be more than happy if they drip feed us with some astute signings. Also if we do sell Langstaff there’s no god given right we should think they should just put it back in the club, I just want them to keep doing what their doing.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I don’t expect the owners to put in large sums of cash, for me they have done enough already and I will be more than happy if they drip feed us with some astute signings. Also if we do sell Langstaff there’s no god given right we should think they should just put it back in the club, I just want them to keep doing what their doing.
    ^^^^^ this 👍

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    Here's the comment. I guess it might be open to interpretation.

“To be clear, he National League will not be taking any profits from Sunday’s final – 100% of the proceeds will go back to our member clubs.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football...lihull-grimsby
    “100% of the proceeds will go back to our member club(s)”

So the NL are still funnelling money to the other clubs who got nowhere near the playoffs? Sounds a bit like “Gate Money” all over again, to me. I’m sure Boredom Wood will be making some stella signings with the proceeds during closed season?

So so happy to be out of that cesspit

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast