+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone nervous?

Absolutely Alf,if they plsy like that in the return game then Carlisle will go through to the next round, definitely the better side tonight and a lot to build on

Ta Alf, but what more do we have to do? even on their board the consensus is that they scored and did nowt else. So where does Hughes go now? Defend a 1-0 lead at all costs? Or go for another goal because he knows we’re ropey up front? Simpson needs to drop Patrick to the bench and start Gibson. They know that Edmondson is the real threat so he’ll keep them nervous. Patrick with fresh legs in the second half will rip them apart.

Where's Stefan when you need him,what's the stats on a team going 1-0 down in the first leg to then go on and win the second leg and progress to final,has he been on a bender in the Crossings and regretting supping that Twice Brewed bitter now?

I simply do not believe.

Bradford City fc is 4 times what Carlisle United fc is. But Bradford City will narrowly get to the Play-Off Final. "Unlucky, referee got marginal important decisions wrong, not our day, there's a better time coming, gallant effort". I have seen it all before and will do again.

Carlisle United :-

No Carlisle United player has scored a goal in the last 185 minutes of play.

Quote Originally Posted by _Stefan_Kuntz View Post
    I simply do not believe.

I have seen it all before and will do again.

]
    Bloody hell Stefan,keep off the Cambridge board because whatever miserable " ba­stard " disease Frank has caught seems to have been caught by you

Carlisle are only 1-0 down from the first leg and have every chance of progressing further this Saturday,I've seen seen such a lack of excitement from a clubs supporters over such a prospect

Quote Originally Posted by _Stefan_Kuntz View Post
    No Carlisle United player has scored a goal in the last 185 minutes of play.
    After 240 minutes of playoff time played Notts have only been in front for one solitary minute yet we got promoted

Bradford City players and staff can commit a multitude of sins and go unpunished. If a Carlisle United defender f­arts it will result in a penalty and a sending off. Carlisle United is known to be a small club that accepts decisions graciously. If a marginal decision goes against Bradford City the person who made that decision will be hounded indefinitely. Thus the thought of that affects the decision making process.

Aye you are right Stefan,may as well give up now and not bother sending the main squad out,how about giving the trialists a day out and see how they fare now that it's the end of the season and nothing to play for,maybe teach them how to get a few forearm smashes in practice ready for next season?

Ahem… went to edit but post disappeared?

Ok, as a Bacup Borough fan we can only dream of league football.. we are currently seeking a dodgy investor to take us to the heights of thieving Magpies as we also play in black & white stripes…

Bacup is proudly part of Lancashire not like our near neighbours who are non league now as part of Greater Manchester…

As such we side with Cumbrians against the Yorkshire on the grounds of the war of roses… May Carlisle win the battle & support our honour… I know who I want to triumph but I should not have said this as I really wanted Chesterfield to win 🤬

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)