+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone nervous?

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    Aye you are right Stefan,may as well give up now and not bother sending the main squad out,how about giving the trialists a day out and see how they fare now that it's the end of the season and nothing to play for,maybe teach them how to get a few forearm smashes in practice ready for next season?
    Yes, that's right. The sponsors and the EFL will want the highest possible attendance for the Play-Off Final. That would be Bradford City v Stockport County.
    Last edited by _Stefan_Kuntz; 15-05-2023 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Ahem… went to edit but post disappeared?

Ok, as a Bacup Borough fan we can only dream of league football..
    As a Rochdale fan you can only dream of league football as well 😆

To continue in existence each year we are in need of at least 500,000 more than we get from all routine revenue. We have almost run out of the transfer money that arrived in the 2 years to 30th June 2022. We are also at least 3.2 million in debt. At least 2.6 million of that is to someone who considers ethics to be a county to the north-east of London.
    Last edited by _Stefan_Kuntz; 15-05-2023 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _Stefan_Kuntz View Post
    Yes, that's right. The sponsors and the EFL will want the highest possible attendance for the Play-Off Final. That would be Bradford City v Stockport County.
    Bloody hell,not only have you contracted Franks miserable b­astard syndrome from the Plate board but it's manifested itself into the conspiracy theory strain to boot

"Ensanguining the skies
    How heavily it dies
    Into the west away;
    Past touch and sight and sound
    Not further to be found,
    How hopeless under ground
    Falls the remorseful day."

A. E. Houseman

It was a favourite of the late Inspector Morse because it was a favourite of the writer of the Morse books and most of the television scripts, the late Colin Dexter. It was actually spoken by Morse when having a drink with Lewis in a pub garden in the last episode, Morse having refused to follow the advice of his doctor to give up boozing which would extend his life by a few more months.

Abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
    The darkness deepens; Lord with me abide.
    When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
    Help of the helpless, O abide with me.

Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day;
    Earth's joys grow dim; its glories pass away;
    Change and decay in all around I see;
    O Thou who changest not, abide with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    As a Rochdale fan you can only dream of league football as well 😆
    Ohhh… just remember you have never beat me in a prediction league… 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿1-1 🇮🇹…

I predict relegation for you next season now shooo…

Quote Originally Posted by _Stefan_Kuntz View Post
    Morse having refused to follow the advice of his doctor to give up boozing which would extend his life by a few more months.
    I'm with Morse,if it's only going to extend is life by a couple of months and you have to give up the things that you love doing then why bother, I would double up on the JD's and sup till I dropped all be it a few weeks later,no point in being miserable in those extra couple of months

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Ohhh… just remember you have never beat me in a prediction league… 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿1-1 🇮🇹…

I predict relegation for you next season now shooo…
    The only reason that you've besten me so often is that I usually go mia at some time otherwise I would hammer you and you know it

Cracking game at Hillsborough Sheff Utd 4-0 down from the first leg equalise in the 98th min to draw level in the second leg

Who's looking forward to Saturday?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)