+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings - Promotion special

Match Ratings - Promotion special

Not seen one yet so here it goes!

Slocombe - 4 - those first 5 mins were just madness. He settled a bit better later on but was still erratic, a shame for such a consistent keeper and possibly his last game for us.

Rawlinson - 6 - did very well with the physical battles but was caught out by pace and the high line. Perhaps could have done better to stop the second.

Baldwin - 6 - didn't really do much wrong and tried to push us forward.

Cameron - 6 - I think the occasion got to him in the first few mins, but after that, dealt well with their threats and tried getting us moving forward

Nemane - 8 - when he went forward, he was a consistent threat and put in several decent crosses that were unlucky not to be capitalised upon

Chicksen - 6 - defensively sound, tried getting forward but his final ball was poor

Palmer - 6 - he just wasn't his usual self. The effort was there, it just didn't seem to click

Bostock - 10 - he single handedly kept us going, shielded the defence and got the all important equaliser. We'll gloss over the penalty!

Rodrigues - 5 - Just poor from him, appreciate he got the second equaliser but he wasted so many opportunities, if this was to be his last dance, he'll surely be disappointed with his personal performance

Austin - 6 - tried to get things moving and tried to get in dangerous areas but those around him weren't ticking

Langstaff - 6 - he had no service to be fair, his two opportunities were when he would be tired and he snatched at them but hopefully he rests up over the summer and he's back on form

Jones - 7 - showed real intent, much like Nemane, felt his final ball was a little lacking at times but a far more attacking option than Chicksen

Scott - 6 - felt that he perhaps he should have replaced someone else other than Austin, it seemed to kill our shape a bit, but as always a lot of effort and some charging runs to get us into decent positions

Brindley - 6 - was only on the pitch a few minutes, but provided a bit of pace into the team, wondering whether he'd have been better to start against Dallas

Mair - 10 - saved two penalties, enough said! Perhaps some of his marks should go down to Tom Weal who's research helped him go the right way most of the time

I'd agree with those ratings, a couple could be moved up or down half a point but overall bang on and what I saw.

In summary without Bostock and Nemane we lose. Pure and simple. (Almost) singlehandedly JB dragged us to Extra Time, with more than able assistance from Nemane aka our only threat. His importance yesterday simply can not be understated.

As for Archie, he plays a huge hand and foot in winning that shoot out, obviously. Like JB has to be top marks.

Disappointed with Rawlinson turning his back on Bobra for their 2nd. It was meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I'd agree with those ratings, a couple could be moved up or down half a point but overall bang on and what I saw.

In summary without Bostock and Nemane we lose. Pure and simple. (Almost) singlehandedly JB dragged us to Extra Time, with more than able assistance from Nemane aka our only threat. His importance yesterday simply can not be understated.

As for Archie, he plays a huge hand and foot in winning that shoot out, obviously. Like JB has to be top marks.
    Most impressive thing for me about Aaron Nemane yesterday was his energy levels - he was still bombing past their full back at the end of extra time. And of course, let’s not forget his crucial clearance when it was 2-2 against Boreham Wood last week.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Most impressive thing for me about Aaron Nemane yesterday was his energy levels - he was still bombing past their full back at the end of extra time. And of course, let’s not forget his crucial clearance when it was 2-2 against Boreham Wood last week.
    So true. Easy to remember the winning goals, but these clearances are equally crucial. Rawlinson also made an incredible challenge yesterday, seconds after we'd equalised in normal time that saved us

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Not seen one yet so here it goes!

Slocombe - 4 - those first 5 mins were just madness. He settled a bit better later on but was still erratic, a shame for such a consistent keeper and possibly his last game for us.

Rawlinson - 6 - did very well with the physical battles but was caught out by pace and the high line. Perhaps could have done better to stop the second.

Baldwin - 6 - didn't really do much wrong and tried to push us forward.

Cameron - 6 - I think the occasion got to him in the first few mins, but after that, dealt well with their threats and tried getting us moving forward

Nemane - 8 - when he went forward, he was a consistent threat and put in several decent crosses that were unlucky not to be capitalised upon

Chicksen - 6 - defensively sound, tried getting forward but his final ball was poor

Palmer - 6 - he just wasn't his usual self. The effort was there, it just didn't seem to click

Bostock - 10 - he single handedly kept us going, shielded the defence and got the all important equaliser. We'll gloss over the penalty!

Rodrigues - 5 - Just poor from him, appreciate he got the second equaliser but he wasted so many opportunities, if this was to be his last dance, he'll surely be disappointed with his personal performance

Austin - 6 - tried to get things moving and tried to get in dangerous areas but those around him weren't ticking

Langstaff - 6 - he had no service to be fair, his two opportunities were when he would be tired and he snatched at them but hopefully he rests up over the summer and he's back on form

Jones - 7 - showed real intent, much like Nemane, felt his final ball was a little lacking at times but a far more attacking option than Chicksen

Scott - 6 - felt that he perhaps he should have replaced someone else other than Austin, it seemed to kill our shape a bit, but as always a lot of effort and some charging runs to get us into decent positions

Brindley - 6 - was only on the pitch a few minutes, but provided a bit of pace into the team, wondering whether he'd have been better to start against Dallas

Mair - 10 - saved two penalties, enough said! Perhaps some of his marks should go down to Tom Weal who's research helped him go the right way most of the time
    Hard to argue with these assessments. I thought Bostock was out if this world yesterday - running midfield on his own at times. Watched the recording on tv today and I was wrong. He was out if this universe. Best midfield display - oozing class, composure, sublime passing & skill - that I’ve seen since Draper in the early 90’s. 10 under rates that performance, there are not words or marks to accurately describe or assess it. I’ve questioned his lack of creativity or incisiveness before but he recognised what was required as others faltered and delivered a majestic and inspirational response that controlled midfield for us. The Chesterfield supporters in the “prawn sandwich” lounge were eulogising about him afterwards, they couldn’t believe what they had just witnessed.

Nemane was superb as were Baldwin & Cameron, I’d elevate those 2 to 7’s and the introduction of Scott and Jones, again, changed the game. They were both worth 8 for me, not least because they converted their penalties. Other than that, agree with the original comments.
    Last edited by Pies4u; 14-05-2023 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Hard to argue with these assessments. I thought Bostock was out if this world yesterday - running midfield on his own at times. Watched the recording on tv today and I was wrong. He was out if this universe. Best midfield display - oozing class, composure, sublime passing & skill - that I’ve seen since Draper in the early 90’s. 10 under rates that performance, there are not words or marks to accurately describe or assess it. I’ve questioned his lack of creativity or incisiveness before but he recognised what was required as others faltered and delivered a majestic and inspirational response that controlled midfield for us. The Chesterfield supporters in the “prawn sandwich” lounge were eulogising about him afterwards, they couldn’t believe what they had just witnessed.

Nemane was superb as were Baldwin & Cameron, I’d elevate those 2 to 7’s and the introduction of Scott and Jones, again, changed the game. They were both worth 8 for me, not least because they converted their penalties. Other than that, agree with the original comments.
    Sorry, missed the “if” instead of “of” - meant to correct that!

Slocombe 4
    Rawlinson 6
    Baldwin 7
    Cameron 7
    Nemane 7
    Palmer 6
    Bostock 8 - hate to do it, but one off for his Panenka
    Chicksen 4
    Rodrigues 6 - high pressure shoot outs are part of the game and have to be included, so 2-goals for Ruben
    Austin 5
    Langstaff 6

Jones 8
    Scott 7
    Brindley 6
    Mair 10

I’m sorry but we may not have been great yesterday but giving anyone such low marks as 4 after they collectively won promotion back to the EFL is ridiculous. Bostock was superb throughout but I’d drop him to 9.75 for that penalty, yes it created more drama, it was hilarious that he said to Scott “you’re welcome” after the latter became the hero, but to put Scott and the 25,000 Notts fans there plus the many many more around the world through that extra bit of stress means he can’t have a 10!

Not sure about knocking points off or giving them for the penalties.
    From CBP's ratings I would have given Cameron, Baldwin and Palmer 7's the rest I agree with, maybe Scott an extra point too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast