+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match Ratings - Promotion special

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    When most of the stellar loan signings have gone back to their respective clubs and they have to sell to survive, no way will Chesterfield be in the promotion race. The furlough, insurance and Covid monies are gone.

It was schit or bust for them
    This, I suspect they spent the Tshimanga money already on the loan of Dallas and McCullum who were loan players. Got them to the playoffs as a hail Mary because before then, they were on real danger of dropping out all together. McCullom wasn't even trusted to come on and they bought on that donkey Quigley who wanted to wrestle more than play football and the reason Dallas is leaving Solihull is to go into the football league (ironic as he turned us down originally as he wanted to stay in the EFL with Cambridge).

So they will need to beef up all areas of their squad on a budget that is only going to get tighter with them being trust owned. If Rochdale can sort themselves out quickly, it'll be a shoot out between them and Oldham I reckon. If Southend survive, pop them in the mix

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Agreed pretty much all of that.

Hopefully JB has silenced the doubters at last (you know who you are!).
    Nobody played badly, just like vs BW, some not quite firing on all cylinders.
    I think Nemane was immense over the two games and he's probably our most improved player this season.......
    Most improved for sure. As mentioned by someone else his energy levels and his willingness to go at his man (the main well only criticism I've been reading about him all season) was fantastic all the way to the 120th minute.

And don't worry Mark the JB doubters have been silenced, and rightly so.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123