+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s not over

The bookies now have us almost done.

12/1 on that we are in bottom two and 1/2 on that we are rock bottom 😭😭😭

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    That’s mathematically but realistically we need it in our own hands with a tough away match to finish.

We need to try and be less than 3 points from Killie and Rossco come Wednesday to have a realistic chance
    Win our next three and we cannot finish bottom. It's as simple as that.

Haven't posted because everything has pretty much been said.
    We look fkuked barring a miracle.

Was just about to come on to say that feeling a renewed sense of hope after a couple days to digest, misguided or not but if we win at Livi (I know that's the hard part) then it's very much game on.. If we do then I feel we will go onto finish 10th, regardless of the combination of teams we end up above (SJ still could be involved looking at the fixtures)

Just got to win on Saturday, anything less and it's unlikely we can better 11th but probaby finish where we are

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Win our next three and we cannot finish bottom. It's as simple as that.

We would likely finish above the bottom two if we win all three due to the combination of other fixtures, I think....

Quote Originally Posted by Respect The Grump View Post
    Let’s not forget there’s 9 points still up for grabs plus Ross C still have to play Killie. We’ve also still to play Killie and they’re due a little dry spell.
    St J also away to both County and Killie

In theory we can still finish 7 pts above of County! that's why it's not all lost, stranger things have happened

Of course it is not over. I think everyone is understandably deflated after going in to the split with 3 wins on the tot, nobody expected us to then lose the first 2. A win at Livy can put things back on track going in to the Killie match knowing if we beat Killie we wouldnt be bottom going in to the last game. No room for error now we must win the next 2.

If we’d been really unlucky against the Fermers and Coonty and it were defeats despite great football, shots off the line, hitting the woodwork, great saves etc, then I would still have hope. Unfortunately, that is not the case and the performance in the second half on Saturday in particular was just so abject that I can’t see anything other than the inevitable. And if I’m being honest it’s been in the post even as far back as the friendlies against Sunderland and Fleetwood IMO.

It seems to be a hand of luck at the bottom. Ross C and Killie have had their piece now it’s our turn of fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Respect The Grump View Post
    Thinking it’s not over we’re not down yet and although the fat lady is warming up her vocal cords she’s not sung. Yet!

What’s bit us is we got too comfy after those three wins in a row and it’s bit us in the arse thinking we had the job done. Regain that fight please.
    Ive pleaded insanity, whats your excuse?

Far too many variables for it all to come true. While there is a senario where 2 or 3 points could secure a play-off place, even the senario where we need 9 points requires other results to go our way to ensure we escape the play-offs.

Minimum for me is win the next 2 and i think we are safe if other results go our way. St Johnstone are in a dangerous position where they can help us out or by winning 2 in a row or capitulating!

Exciting times or slow death?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)