+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s not over

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    We would likely finish above the bottom two if we win all three due to the combination of other fixtures, I think....
    If County were to win all three we wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    If County were to win all three we wouldn't.
    St Johnstone would need pick up two wins in the other two including away to Killie for us not to finish above them

As if we are winning the next 3 though, have I woken up in shedkaland or something?

Let's be honest though, you'd have been saying the same thing if we all said we can beat Hibs Motherwell (from a goal down) and Livi back to back before the hibs game

So while I don't necessarily think we will, if we beat Livi its game on as it will boost us psychologically and be a blow to the others, I definitely think we could beat Killie on the back of that, the final day then... Nervy nervy with a huge away crowd

or we could lose all three 😛

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    As if we are winning the next 3 though, have I woken up in shedkaland or something?
    It's the hope that kills us...

The fixtures remaining, the squad of "players" and the current league position all point to relegation.

I want to be wrong. The evidence, though, is damning.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Exactly. So we're f*cked. The new manager bounce lasted a grand total of three matches.

The thing that’s bugging me following Saturday is how we’ve gone from three on the bounce and actually looking ‘competent’ to being right back where we started. Is it the attitude of the opposition and our ability or rather, inability, to deal with it? On paper, the games against Hibs, Well and Livi were harder yet we won the lot. However, they were teams who weren’t necessarily biting and scratching for anything as if their lives depended on it. St J and RC were the exact opposite and we couldn’t match them nor deal with it. On that basis, we may well find we actually win on Saturday, but if we do, by god they’d better be ready for the mother of all battles with Killie on the Wednesday……………….

That result on Saturday does feel fairly terminal. The defeat at McDiarmid was survivable (1-0, player sent off, shot off the bar, arguably unlucky) but losing 3-1 in front of a sell-out home crowd, playing against the bottom club in the most important match of the season - that shows just how bad we are and not sure we can recover.

However, if we go and win at Livingston and other results go in our favour then our hope will be raised again. I know some on here like to say that they only care about United's results, but I'm sorry, you simply can't ignore the importance of the other games in our situation.

It's going to take an almighty effort to get us out of this and a fair chunk of the aforementioned luck. It will also depend on whether or not the players have chucked it (again). I haven't watched any highlights of the last two games so I've no idea if the two defeats are simply down to being rubbish or if our squad have had a relapse to just not caring. If they have chucked it then we have no chance, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    That result on Saturday does feel fairly terminal. The defeat at McDiarmid was survivable (1-0, player sent off, shot off the bar, arguably unlucky) but losing 3-1 in front of a sell-out home crowd, playing against the bottom club in the most important match of the season - that shows just how bad we are and not sure we can recover.

However, if we go and win at Livingston and other results go in our favour then our hope will be raised again. I know some on here like to say that they only care about United's results, but I'm sorry, you simply can't ignore the importance of the other games in our situation.

It's going to take an almighty effort to get us out of this and a fair chunk of the aforementioned luck. It will also depend on whether or not the players have chucked it (again). I haven't watched any highlights of the last two games so I've no idea if the two defeats are simply down to being rubbish or if our squad have had a relapse to just not caring. If they have chucked it then we have no chance, simple as that.
    I don't think any of us actually take our eye off other results in reality and we definitely are dependant on them now.

It was the manner of the second half performance that was so deflating on Saturday, the team looked totally bereft of any belief.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)