+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to the drawing board

DFC supporters seem to be the battered wives of Scottish football, always giving their abuser another chance when he won't change.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I’d think budgets s as re made on the back of season ticket sales, as they’d already know sponsor money and minimum tv payment, this is maybe where Nelms has goofed, £410 in this city is a big NO for a lot who will probably pick z as nd choose
    I agree about the ST price. Think PATG might be the response but ST sales might pick up if they got a decent manager and did some retrospective discounting so that the ST became better value. Tricky decisions and I don't see anyone on the board who could make the calculations. I was really surprised by the number of youngsters at the later games. The number of full ST holders might be quite a bit lower as a percentage of the total ST'S that have been sold. DSA and Dee4life could be good sounding boards to see what might revive ST sales, but for that to work it needs DFC board to talk to the supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Badger the life out of him with a concerted coordinated effort to get him out or change his ways

This **** ain't DFC, neither is the master of whispers.
    It just seems to me to be exactly the wrong time to be kicking off. I'd like to see who they get as the new manager before adopting the actions you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    It just seems to me to be exactly the wrong time to be kicking off. I'd like to see who they get as the new manager before adopting the actions you suggest.
    Tomorrow, tomorrow there's always tomorrow, tomorrows another day. 🙄

What do you do when he says No?
    Tell the members who they proposed as their primary representative and the reply they received.
    It is not difficult to do by the Dee4life directors who are supposed to be representing their members plus according to the front page of their new website the Global Dundee FC supporters.
    Nelms is currently getting panned on the Dark Blues Forum so the current Dee4life board of directors should go for the jugular and tell the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I’d think budgets s as re made on the back of season ticket sales, as they’d already know sponsor money and minimum tv payment, this is maybe where Nelms has goofed, £410 in this city is a big NO for a lot who will probably pick z as nd choose
    I think that Tim Keyes has stopped bankrolling Dundee Football Club and Nelms can only spend what he gets in each season in income.
    I would suggest that if funds are tight then Nelms should take a pro rata reduction in his annual salary.

I agree about the ST price. Think PATG might be the response but ST sales might pick up if they got a decent manager and did some retrospective discounting so that the ST became better value. Tricky decisions and I don't see anyone on the board who could make the calculations. I was really surprised by the number of youngsters at the later games. The number of full ST holders might be quite a bit lower as a percentage of the total ST'S that have been sold. DSA and Dee4life could be good sounding boards to see what might revive ST sales, but for that to work it needs DFC board to talk to the supporters.
    There is no effective board of directors like there are in other SPFL clubs. Nelms calls the shots and makes the decisions.
    When is the last time that one of the board of directors apart from Nelms has made a statement to the Dundee supporters.
    You would have expected Tim Keyes as the Chairman to have made a rallying call after we won the Championship thanking the Dundee supporters who had already purchased their season ticket for next season, announced that the Early Bird price had been extended until 31st May 2023 and asking the Dundee supporters who had not already purchased a season ticket to try to do so to let us get the best team on the pitch.
    Instead Tim Keyes said nothing.

When in your opinion is the best time to do this as to date doing nothing has got us nowhere.
    The Open Letter Group members ‘rattled Nelms’s cage’ when they asked him awkward questions which Nelms did not like.
    Sadly they backed off and Nelms retreated back into his bunker waiting for everything to die down.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Tomorrow, tomorrow there's always tomorrow, tomorrows another day. ��
    That sounds like living in remote parts of Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I think that Tim Keyes has stopped bankrolling Dundee Football Club and Nelms can only spend what he gets in each season in income.
    I would suggest that if funds are tight then Nelms should take a pro rata reduction in his annual salary.
    Like you say, “you think” Keyes has stopped financing our club, but no proof, is Keyes on any more than any other CEO in the SPL, do you know anyone that agrees to dropping there wages, plus I don’t see what the club would gain by it

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)