+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Champions League Final

Champions League Final

Strange quirk - last champions league final in Istanbul was between two different English and Italian teams and also contained a player who had played for Notts (Finnan).

No former Notts player has played in one in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Strange quirk - last champions league final in Istanbul was between two different English and Italian teams and also contained a player who had played for Notts (Finnan).

No former Notts player has played in one in-between.
    Jack Grealish? Or have I mis-understood the statement?

Didn't watch much of the match as the commentator was insufferable, I take it the sportswashing cheats won then.

For me they are an English team with some English players so I was cheering for them and glad they have won …without the pressure of watching Notts at Wembley fearing if we lost

Another old boy I'd like us to re-sign, or is that asking too much?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1575109841785262081

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    For me they are an English team with some English players so I was cheering for them and glad they have won …without the pressure of watching Notts at Wembley fearing if we lost
    Same here. Technically impressive performance from Inter, great gameplay, not a great game at all but that didn't matter.

They are an English team, haven't won it, have some (great) English players, and an absolute legend of a manager. A true great. Yes he takes over the best team in the country or the most money in this case but looks what he does with those resources. He creates history. And he does it with tippy tappy football and regularly tinkering with the side and changing a winning team for the next match.

Helps when you have such an incredible squad of course.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Yeah that's what I was getting at.

Happy for Grealish and Stones but it's not the same as when Liverpool beat Milan or United beat Munich.

Might have been how the games panned out or the fact my interest in EPL is at an all time low mind.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Read it again slowly

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Same here. Technically impressive performance from Inter, great gameplay, not a great game at all but that didn't matter.

They are an English team, haven't won it, have some (great) English players, and an absolute legend of a manager. A true great. Yes he takes over the best team in the country or the most money in this case but looks what he does with those resources. He creates history. And he does it with tippy tappy football and regularly tinkering with the side and changing a winning team for the next match.

Helps when you have such an incredible squad of course.
    Lets not forget the 115 charges against them complete fraud of a club imo.

I haven't forgotten them but I can't even consider them a fraud of a club when they are just charges, nothing has been proven.

If they are proven guilty they will join a long line of clubs who breached FFP rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast