+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: City the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Stones, Grealish, Foden, Walker, Lewis, Palmer, I think that's it.
    No it's not, Kalvin Phillips makes seven. How on earth could I have forgotten him, Gareth never does.

If cheating is your thing,then Citeh are the team to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    If cheating is your thing,then Citeh are the team to follow.
    I don't follow them Alf, but if football's your thing then City are the team to watch. How they finance it I care not, the game is a cess-pit of corruption and cheating, both on and off the field. I believe the entire Juventus board has just resigned over cheating allegations and they've had a 10 point deduction. Are they bigger cheats than City ? Don't know, don't care, I just watch the football.

I have no recollection of complaints when Jack Walker bought the EPL title. The FFP "rules" are a discriminatory joke, the likes of Reading, Bury, Huddersfield get one set of punitive sanctions while clubs like Manchester City, Manchester United and Newcastle United who are owned by global financial mercenaries whose owners get away with all sorts of human rights abuses and monetary shenanigans.

Chelsea have suffered serious on and off field consequences because Russia bombed Ukraine (???) which was entirely politically motivated. I still believe Chelsea Football Club and their fans have been severely punished for doing diddly squat.

It's the usual FA/EUFA/FIFA cock-up. They need to stick to worrying about VAR and leave any alleged financial "irregularities" to each individual countries tax authorities and keep their noses out of football club's boardrooms.

The hypocrisy coming out of Switzerland is sickening.

Like sinkov says, "Let's just enjoy the football" and further hope FIFA decide to award us 6 points next season because City have slaughtered us twice with a team that cost almost two billion quid.

When sinkov published the Burnley wage bill yesterday I had to laugh, I imagine the total amount Pace doled out might just pay Haaland's wage and bonuses for this season's work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have no recollection of complaints when Jack Walker bought the EPL title. The FFP "rules" are a discriminatory joke, the likes of Reading, Bury, Huddersfield get one set of punitive sanctions while clubs like Manchester City, Manchester United and Newcastle United who are owned by global financial mercenaries whose owners get away with all sorts of human rights abuses and monetary shenanigans.

Chelsea have suffered serious on and off field consequences because Russia bombed Ukraine (???) which was entirely politically motivated. I still believe Chelsea Football Club and their fans have been severely punished for doing diddly squat.

It's the usual FA/EUFA/FIFA cock-up. They need to stick to worrying about VAR and leave any alleged financial "irregularities" to each individual countries tax authorities and keep their noses out of football club's boardrooms.

The hypocrisy coming out of Switzerland is sickening.

Like sinkov says, "Let's just enjoy the football" and further hope FIFA decide to award us 6 points next season because City have slaughtered us twice with a team that cost almost two billion quid.

When sinkov published the Burnley wage bill yesterday I had to laugh, I imagine the total amount Pace doled out might just pay Haaland's wage and bonuses for this season's work.
    The thing is this spiralling out of control and as I posted earlier the Premiership are complicit in turning blind eyes to the bigger boys with financial clout .

The Premiership is ( I think as Sinkov stated previously) three leagues of 6 teams but finance dictates each of those really - so if you set aside City - Man Utd - Arsenal - Chelsea -Liverpool - spurs - Newcastle ( now - they’ve joined the elite ). The rest are in a mini league and depending on finance a recruiting is if you finish mid table or 4th bottom or in the dreaded drop .

Much as I love the prem and the best players I believe a structure is needed as with respect what is there to play for when the list above keep getting bigger and stronger with the better players on more and more money and the club’s falsified accounts regarding how much people are paid and where the money is justifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    The thing is this spiralling out of control and as I posted earlier the Premiership are complicit in turning blind eyes to the bigger boys with financial clout .

The Premiership is ( I think as Sinkov stated previously) three leagues of 6 teams but finance dictates each of those really - so if you set aside City - Man Utd - Arsenal - Chelsea -Liverpool - spurs - Newcastle ( now - they’ve joined the elite ). The rest are in a mini league and depending on finance a recruiting is if you finish mid table or 4th bottom or in the dreaded drop .

Much as I love the prem and the best players I believe a structure is needed as with respect what is there to play for when the list above keep getting bigger and stronger with the better players on more and more money and the club’s falsified accounts regarding how much people are paid and where the money is justifiable.
    What's the point of having the Cayman Islands and other tax havens if we cannot pay our new centre forward's salary into an offshore account army88?

I don't get the teeth gnashing and hypocrisy, I really don't.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=fifa+c...ANNTA1&PC=ACTS

When the breakaway European Super League was proposed a couple of years ago, I did say that it would have been better had it gone ahead, BT as I recall, thought I was on a wind up, but I wasn't. Let the corrupt, billionaire funded clubs have their own competition and leave the rest of us to it. They distort the competitiveness of the PL, don't want to play by the rules that we have to, so let them go say I, they won't be missed.

And you know they won't be missed, there are none of them in the Championship, and it's been a reasonably enjoyable season hasn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    When the breakaway European Super League was proposed a couple of years ago, I did say that it would have been better had it gone ahead, BT as I recall, thought I was on a wind up, but I wasn't. Let the corrupt, billionaire funded clubs have their own competition and leave the rest of us to it. They distort the competitiveness of the PL, don't want to play by the rules that we have to, so let them go say I, they won't be missed.

And you know they won't be missed, there are none of them in the Championship, and it's been a reasonably enjoyable season hasn't it ?
    For me it was a totally f*cking wonderful season mon ami. My grandkids all got on board the Clarets bandwagon, we now have five family season ticket holders, my seven year old grandson is fanatical, he's been to four away games already and took in almost every home game this season.

My eldest son and myself love doing the dad/son thing on away games and now we always have two additional hangers on.

My Sunday was made by my most beautiful, blonde, blue-eyed three year old granddaughter who asked, "Grandad, when can I come and watch Burnley?"

Another thing that it is not worth getting uptight about.
    The more rich owners that can be attracted into the game then the more money can be siphoned off by those running the game.
    Those running the game will stress that this is fine because it is giving fans better entertainment because players are being paid more etc., etc. ---it is a vicious circle which is being overseen by people who see it as a 'big earner for them'

Entertainment to me is seeing goals scored because that is what dictates the result of every game at whatever level the game is played. Possession doesn't matter, as can be seen by Newcastle the other night, they had 78% possession and only 4 shots on target and, because Leicester had only 22% possession they had just 1 shot on target. Ninety minutes football with just 5 shots to trouble a keeper.

At the top level, between 1925/26 and 1936/37 each season saw goals per game averaging between 3.29 and 3.94.
    In my era, I watched matches between 1950/51 and 1965/66 when each season saw goals per game averaging 3.00 to 3.73.

In the PL era, which is supposed to be the most exciting time for football we have seen 3 season averaging below 2.50 goals per game and 27 seasons where there is an average from 2.52 to 2.83 goals per game.
    The good news is that this season has seen the highest average since the PL era began and is 2.83 goals per game, so only 1.11 goals below the 1930/31 season.

Of course, I forgot that football was absolutely terrible in the 1950s and 1960s ---it must have been, because Burnley became Champions of England but their players were really poor in comparison to today's superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    For me it was a totally f*cking wonderful season mon ami.
    Indeed, I was deliberately understating it when I said 'reasonably enjoyable' and all without any big money clubs involved. We could have an equally enjoyable Premier League as well, without the likes of City, United, Lliverpool etc, let them go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)