+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: City the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Indeed, I was deliberately understating it when I said 'reasonably enjoyable' and all without any big money clubs involved. We could have an equally enjoyable Premier League as well, without the likes of City, United, Lliverpool etc, let them go.
    It will be interesting because as you say Sinkov maybe it is time for the big boys to move on , the scenario for the elite 6/7 now is your hamster on a wheel that won’t stop and I do feel it’s a big year for Liverpool and Spurs perhaps as they are dropping behind again and without investment the fight will be over also Newcastle have reached the holy grail in champions league but it can’t stand still can it they’ll need more and more.

Maybe if they did address this and let 6 of them go it would open up the league and money available to clubs whilst allowing the super rich to get richer with massive tv rights etc and us to be happier competing in a More balanced league.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    It will be interesting because as you say Sinkov maybe it is time for the big boys to move on , the scenario for the elite 6/7 now is your hamster on a wheel that won’t stop and I do feel it’s a big year for Liverpool and Spurs perhaps as they are dropping behind again and without investment the fight will be over also Newcastle have reached the holy grail in champions league but it can’t stand still can it they’ll need more and more.

Maybe if they did address this and let 6 of them go it would open up the league and money available to clubs whilst allowing the super rich to get richer with massive tv rights etc and us to be happier competing in a More balanced league.
    Thanks army, my thoughts exactly, and you've explaned it better than I was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post

Well said army, that is exactly my line of thinking. Let them form their Super League, although we know that the TV rights will affect the PL and EFL with less income into their funds. However, this is why the PL will fight tooth and nail to protect their interests, nothing to do with protecting clubs, just protecting their own lucrative income.
    Frankly, I would love to see a more even playing field, however, the problem still remains that there will be other rich investors waiting for their opportunity ---very sadly.

Thanks army, my thoughts exactly, and you've explaned it better than I was doing.
    The trouble is mon ami, the respective club's fans do not want it.

I think this "project" may well end up with teams from Tokyo, New York, Milan, Los Angeles, London etc playing in a Global Elite League perhaps with even new teams formed and backed by the nouveau Super Rich.

Is this the sort of scheme Alan Pace wants to replicate..?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...2fd89b23&ei=41

Hard to know what to make of that, the City first team doesn't seem to benefit much from it, Aro Muric is mentioned, THB isn't and Southampton got relegated having signed four City Academy players last summer.

Hard to know what to make of that, the City first team doesn't seem to benefit much from it, Aro Muric is mentioned, THB isn't and Southampton got relegated having signed four City Academy players last summer.
    I remember a mate of mine who is a fervent Chelsea supporter saying the idea is to scoop up all of the young talented kids to stop other elite teams from signing them.

Ian Maatsen anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I remember a mate of mine who is a fervent Chelsea supporter saying the idea is to scoop up all of the young talented kids to stop other elite teams from signing them.
    So that's why nowt of any merit rolls off our Academy production line. Seeing as all the talent is hoovered up, why do we even bother ? Except as a PL club we have to, but I'd be throwing the minimum amount at it.

So that's why nowt of any merit rolls off our Academy production line. Seeing as all the talent is hoovered up, why do we even bother ? Except as a PL club we have to, but I'd be throwing the minimum amount at it.
    League 1 & 2 teams are littered with our "Gawthorpe Black Hole" rejects sinkov, on the financial balance I suppose we are just about breaking even on cost/revenue balances.

We need to carry on what we are doing and nick the likes of McNeil, Mee, Trippier, Pope, Maatsen and Tella. If the aim is to get our own kids up to EPL standard we are failing badly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)