+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gregg Broughton on transfers

Gregg Broughton on transfers

Interesting interview with dear old gregg.
    Talks a good game,now let's see.
    He wants to sign 5 players but I am thinking more 7.
    2 strikers at least
    2 wing based talents to challenge dolan and hedges.
    Someone as backup to szmodics(was dack)
    A player to challenge Pickering at left back and probably someone to replace Ayala.
    Needing to be quite quick off of the starting blocks.
    Certainly no deadline day cock ups.

Looking forward to seeing Ashley Barnes playing against you for Norwich next season Robin.😁

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Interesting interview with dear old gregg.
    Talks a good game,now let's see.
    He wants to sign 5 players but I am thinking more 7.
    2 strikers at least
    2 wing based talents to challenge dolan and hedges.
    Someone as backup to szmodics(was dack)
    A player to challenge Pickering at left back and probably someone to replace Ayala.
    Needing to be quite quick off of the starting blocks.
    Certainly no deadline day cock ups.
    I keep hearing that if we signed O'Brien, we would be in the Prem now.
    What doesn't add up is Adam Wharton would not have played, who is a far far better player at 18, than O'Brien is and ever will be. We actually didn't need O'Brien, nobody could predict we would lose Buckley when we did. We had plenty of midfielders, and Wharton waiting to come in. Had we missed out on a real goal scorer who would have come in gotten 8-10 goals in the second half of the season I could understand, as that is what we needed, and why he eventually fell away.
    We had one, Hirst, but fans had decided he wasn't good enough, so we went to Ipswich and scored loads of goals for them instead. He will go on and have a good career, there is a very good player in there. He will score goals at Champ level next season. But we never actually needed O'Brien and we had better here already. But we missed out due to not having a goal scorer. That's what is needed next season.

JRC will play in midfield next season, so Brittain will play RB.
    Personally I would look to move Travis on. He is just average, we have Garrett coming through, and the mid 3 should be A Wharton, Buckley and JRC.

The concern is who leaves.
    Leicester are certainly interested in taking JDT. I could see that happening, or maybe Leeds. Or he could abroad.
    Newcastle are looking at Carter and Adam Wharton, which we would struggle to ignore. If Carter leaves we are considering a move for Van Hecke as he is being released by Brighton. If Adam leaves this summer, I think they need to strike a deal that keeps him here for a season to develop. Personally, I think we will keep him for a season or 2. He is under contract until 2027.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)