+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well it's the Piggies

I actually prefer to be playing Wednesday than the Posh.

The thought of the Posh fast strikers on the wide open spaces of Wembley did worry me.

It's a one off cup game, anything could happen!
    As Wednesday fans keep saying "This is OUR cup final"
    Thing is it's OUR 3rd cup final against them and we've won the last 2, so our confidence should be high.
    There is one thing for sure, that lot down the road would have preferred playing Bolton than us!

When we're winning at Wembley on Monday, we could chant "Two nil, in our cup final" and stick it to the b@rswerads

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I actually prefer to be playing Wednesday than the Posh.

The thought of the Posh fast strikers on the wide open spaces of Wembley did worry me.
    Totally agree SB. I wonder whether we can play our normal high press game as effectively on Wembley due to the size of it. I'm sure Duff will have thought of this and have a solution ready.

Negatives and Positives.

Posh have players that can carry the ball.
    Wendy don’t.
    But then again we only have one - Luke Thomas.
    But that kid frightened the life out of Wendy at Swilsboro.

Wendy have older players - many in the 28 to 34 year old bracket.
    They have been around the block a few times so SHOULD be much calmer on the big stage.
    But we have youth - and youth has no fear - and they also have legs that can run for 90+ minutes.

Wendy will not like facing us.
    They never have.
    Don’t know what it’s like now - but no chance of getting passed the pub doormen in Sheffield if they heard your Barnsley accent.
    Spent a long time working in Sheffield - they see us as the barbarians that live up the road.
    Hence the tag of Dingles.

Yeah it's the Fowl piggie pulled pork oinkers...
    What a Final ehh, it's the absolute knife edge for us, the horror or the delight against them, in a Final. 😁

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12