+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts--Play Off Semi Final Second Leg--Barnsley-v-Bolton

Romared Match Thoughts--Play Off Semi Final Second Leg--Barnsley-v-Bolton

As Animal dines at the Captain's Table I have started the thread in his absence.

I have little confidence in predicting the result in this game. Barnsley were the better team in the first leg but Bolton got away with a draw despite their poor performance. As is usual with us this season the first goal could well be decisive as we have never lost this season after scoring first and never won if the opposition score first.

We finished above them in the league because in four games we converted draws into wins but Barnsley have lost more league games this season than Bolton. The two squads are fairly evenly matched in quality.

It is a one off winner takes all game after a season's efforts. It should be a more open game than the first leg as both teams go for the win. Home advantage in front of fans who have packed the seats Ahmad has made available may just shade it for Barnsley.

Like you 48 I’m expecting a very tight game tomorrow and it will be interesting to see if Duff continues with a similar set up as he did at the Reebok or switches to a more attacking format seeing as you’re at home. The worrying news for us is that two unnamed players picked up injuries and will be unavailable for tomorrow. We’ve yet to see who they are but with our right back Jones already out I’m hoping it’s not Bradley who didn’t seem to perform as normal after your guys roughed him up in the first few minutes in the first leg. Fortunately we do have a strong squad so whoever is missing we should have a decent replacement. We obviously won’t find out until immediately before kick off so I shouldn’t think it will affect your plans so let’s just hope it’s a cracking game and the best team wins? ��

Agree SB.
    We missed the chance.
    I’m now expecting an hell for leather encounter that could go either way.
    Either 1-3 or 3-1.
    IMO it will NOT be a tight game.
    The team with the players who are able to keep their heads up and keep on fighting will win the game.

Personally I think we will throw everything at Bolton in those first 20/30 mins. We have taken that attitude all season and despite the magnitude of this game, we won't hold back in my opinion.

The key is us getting a goal in that early period of play. If we don't score early doors, then I think that the game will be on a knife edge and I wouldn't like to predict a winner.

I respect Bolton and they're a good side but then again, so are we. I'm not being biased but I honestly think that we're just that bit better than them but this is knockout football when all said and done.

I sincerely hope it goes our way on Friday night.

May the best team win.
    Last edited by pass_and_move; 18-05-2023 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyWhites View Post
    Like you 48 I’m expecting a very tight game tomorrow and it will be interesting to see if Duff continues with a similar set up as he did at the Reebok or switches to a more attacking format seeing as you’re at home. The worrying news for us is that two unnamed players picked up injuries and will be unavailable for tomorrow. We’ve yet to see who they are but with our right back Jones already out I’m hoping it’s not Bradley who didn’t seem to perform as normal after your guys roughed him up in the first few minutes in the first leg. Fortunately we do have a strong squad so whoever is missing we should have a decent replacement. We obviously won’t find out until immediately before kick off so I shouldn’t think it will affect your plans so let’s just hope it’s a cracking game and the best team wins? ��
    I am not so sure there will be anyone missing for Bolton I just think its another curved ball thrown in by your head coach who likes the dark arts but I do not expect anything other than both teams giving their all & it will be another tight encounter, hopefully we get a ref as good as last saturday & we are talking about the game & not the officials but for my two penneth the winner of this match will go on to gain promotion , we shall see , I hope our form against the better side at Oakwell continues but to be honest I would not be surprised what ever the result is as I think it is that tighter call .

We’ll take it to them first 20 no doubt
    What we need to do is put our chances away
    The longer Bolton are still in the tie I worry,
    We could really do without going behind as our season’s results when falling behind make for grim reading
    Fingers toes n everything else crossed we’ll do the biz, time for Devante to step up

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle council View Post
    We’ll take it to them first 20 no doubt
    What we need to do is put our chances away
    The longer Bolton are still in the tie I worry,
    We could really do without going behind as our season’s results when falling behind make for grim reading
    Fingers toes n everything else crossed we’ll do the biz, time for Devante to step up
    A wunt be surprised if Duff started wi Norwood and Tedic mate. Personally ad gu wi the tried and tested Norwood & Cole partnership. It's served us well all season to be fair. However, my thinking is that Tedic and Norwood offer more physicality against a strong Bolton defence. Perhaps bring Devante on after Norwoods ran his ballax off. We shall see.

Tedic or Devante who knows but tha r8 pass
    Norwood needs to start n get r8 in their faces from the getgo

Last time he let Norwood “get in their faces” from the get go against these, he got the go……off the bloody pitch and we lost 3-0!
    He needs to be more disciplined in this one because as Shad says Evatt is a dark arts master and will have his players rolling in agony if Norwood so much as breathes on them!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Last time he let Norwood “get in their faces” from the get go against these, he got the go……off the bloody pitch and we lost 3-0!
    He needs to be more disciplined in this one because as Shad says Evatt is a dark arts master and will have his players rolling in agony if Norwood so much as breathes on them!

We're no shrinking violets ourselves Perks, Herbie Kane especially but let us hope that the game is played in a good spirit and it's managed well by the referee.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast