+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tradespeople required for Dens Park

Tradespeople required for Dens Park

I have just noticed an article on the Dee4life Facebook Page that Dundee Football Club are requiring tradespeople to carry out work at Dens Park. https://www.facebook.com/Dee4LifeTrust/
    Surprisingly there is no mention of this request by Dundee Football Club on their website or Facebook page which gives me the impression that John Nelms and Greg Fenton are happy for Dee4life to do all the donkey work but give them nothing in return.
    In my opinion the current Dee4life board of directors should have informed John Nelms that they would only be the first contact for this work providing they had their primary and secondary representatives elected to the Dundee Football Club Limited board of directors with immediate effect.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I have just noticed an article on the Dee4life Facebook Page that Dundee Football Club are requiring tradespeople to carry out work at Dens Park. https://www.facebook.com/Dee4LifeTrust/
    Surprisingly there is no mention of this request by Dundee Football Club on their website or Facebook page which gives me the impression that John Nelms and Greg Fenton are happy for Dee4life to do all the donkey work but give them nothing in return.
    In my opinion the current Dee4life board of directors should have informed John Nelms that they would only be the first contact for this work providing they had their primary and secondary representatives elected to the Dundee Football Club Limited board of directors with immediate effect.
    This won't happen, the days of asking random folk to turn up with a hammer and nailbag and do voluntary work are long gone, H&S would never allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    This won't happen, the days of asking random folk to turn up with a hammer and nailbag and do voluntary work are long gone, H&S would never allow it.
    I am not suggesting that the club should be expecting random people to do voluntary work.
    What I am stating is that Dee4life should not be organising this unless their primary and secondary representatives are immediately elected to the Dundee Football Club Limited board of directors.
    In my opinion Greg Fenton the Dundee Football Club General Manager should be the first point of contact for tradespeople offering to carry out paid work at Dens Park not Dee4life.

Sorry Islay but perhaps all Dee4life has done is spread the news that the club wants to employ suitably skilled supporters. Seems to me a good idea to give Dees the opportunity to supply their services.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Sorry Islay but perhaps all Dee4life has done is spread the news that the club wants to employ suitably skilled supporters. Seems to me a good idea to give Dees the opportunity to supply their services.
    Tradespeople who are interested should be contacting Greg Fenton who is the General Manager of Dundee Football Club not the Secretary of Dee4life.
    That is what Greg Fenton is paid to do unless he is another Dundee FC employee who has left the club.
    The Secretary of Dee4life should be spending his time getting all the outstanding minutes of the Dee4life board of directors meetings posted in the Members section of the Dee4life website not carrying out unpaid work for Dundee Football Club.

Tradespeople who are interested should be contacting Greg Fenton who is the General Manager of Dundee Football Club not the Secretary of Dee4life.
    That is what Greg Fenton is paid to do unless he is another Dundee FC employee who has left the club.
    The Secretary of Dee4life should be spending his time getting all the outstanding minutes of the Dee4life board of directors meetings posted in the Members section of the Dee4life website not carrying out unpaid work for Dundee Football Club.
    I will try once again. Asking Dee4life to contact potential tradesmen is a good thing. It helps, or could help Greg Fenton in finding supporters who could do a job for the club. I am assuming they will get paid the rate for the job, but that is a matter for them.

Trying to argue that this help is preventing the secretary from posting minutes and is a waste of his time seems to be wrong. I think helping Greg is a better use of time, but that is my opinion and you are perfectly able to have a different point of view.

I will try once again. Asking Dee4life to contact potential tradesmen is a good thing. It helps, or could help Greg Fenton in finding supporters who could do a job for the club. I am assuming they will get paid the rate for the job, but that is a matter for them.

Trying to argue that this help is preventing the secretary from posting minutes and is a waste of his time seems to be wrong. I think helping Greg is a better use of time, but that is my opinion and you are perfectly able to have a different point of view.
    Why should Dee4life be helping Greg Fenton when they are getting nothing in return namely their Primary and Secondary representatives on the Dundee Football Club Limited board of directors per the rules of the current Customer Charter on the Club website.

You're wasting your time.

If you think it is a good idea then fine but I still think that Dee4life should have been offered something in return for this work. I am surprised that the DSA were not asked to be the first point of contact for Tradespeople interested in carrying out work in Dens Park.

If you think it is a good idea then fine but I still think that Dee4life should have been offered something in return for this work. I am surprised that the DSA were not asked to be the first point of contact for Tradespeople interested in carrying out work in Dens Park.
    I'd be surprised if DSA had not been included. The club trying to buy services from Dee supporters must be the right thing to do.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)