+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Top 10 Annoying Phrases...

O/T Top 10 Annoying Phrases...

....as compiled by Countown

1 Going Forward
    2. No disrespect but....
    3. Like (as a filler)
    4 I wanted to reach out
    5. Im not gonna lie
    6. Basically
    7. Lets go offline
    8. So (at the start of a sentence)
    9. The 'optics' of something
    10 My bad

No 3 and no 6 have been around for years. Another one would be 'actually'
    no 1 and no 8 have really become so, so annoying.

At the end of the day.

The Premiership.

Right mentality ( a favourite with Spanish managers )

The group.

The football club……when it’s obvious who you’re discussing.

We’re all living longer ( an insult to those who’ve just lost a child or lost a parent in their 20’s or 30’s etc )

No.1, ‘going forward’ is just so stupid, you can’t go backwards!

Another one, “giving you a heads up…..”, horrible phrase.

We are living longer as some pocket pensions at 65 whilst others can’t which is unfair!

Whatever

Non Dom Bitch

Think outside the box / That sounds ball park / It is cutting edge. There are more

My biggest hate is:
    "From the get go"... makes my angry when I hear it!

Also another one is "You are going to have to sharpen your pencil"

During meetings my business partner and I would play business bingo and we would have to drop in stupid sayings like 'maximise efficiency' and the like, it made them more interesting!

We had a boss at BT who apart from being a first rate prick loved to roll out the buzz words in team meetings, touching base, running out of runway etc within minutes we had all lost the will to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil81 View Post
    My biggest hate is:
    "From the get go"... makes my angry when I hear it!

Also another one is "you are going to have to sharpen your pencil"

During meetings my business partner and I would play business bingo and we would have to drop in stupid sayings like 'maximise efficiency' and the like, it made them more interesting!
    One of the reasons I left Dunlop Slazenger Sports in 1991 was due to my refusal to fit in with this corporate speak b o l l o c k s culture.

I actually refused to take part in a ridiculous “team building” exercise that involved all the people in the room randomly linking arms and then having to try to untangle the mess.

I refused and then a couple of the other lads refused as well.

This caused a huge ruckus and the Sales Director called us into a side room and went f u c k I n g mad with us.

I told him that these sorts of exercises weren’t going to help me sell tennis rackets into any sports shop, our job was a “lone Wolf” type job, we lived or died on our own wits.

I still refused to participate and said he could sack me if he wanted to, I was past caring.

A few weeks later I handed in my notice even though I had three young kids and decided to give it a go on my own.

All this rubbish was the first inklings of all the Woke nonsense we are now drowning in.

I was there
    Sunderland’s kids
    Shorts dirty
    Glass of red
    Corberon

[QUOTE=viaductbaggies;40285083]I was there
    Sunderland’s kids
    Shorts dirty
    Glass of red
    Corberon
    100% agree mick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)