+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marvins task...

Marvins task...

League has been finalised.. Hamilton, Falkirk, Qos, Cove, Stirling, Montrose, Edinburgh, Kelty, Annan, Alloa. If Marvin cannot assemble a squad capable of a top four place amongst that rabble, I fear this may be the last "full time" season. Poor performances cannot continue. Every faith in the guy, But we must hit the ground running, his future is at stake as well but my concern is more for the club. Get in there Marvin, let's go!! 'MON THE SOUTH!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    League has been finalised.. Hamilton, Falkirk, Qos, Cove, Stirling, Montrose, Edinburgh, Kelty, Annan, Alloa. If Marvin cannot assemble a squad capable of a top four place amongst that rabble, I fear this may be the last "full time" season. Poor performances cannot continue. Every faith in the guy, But we must hit the ground running, his future is at stake as well but my concern is more for the club. Get in there Marvin, let's go!! 'MON THE SOUTH!
    Nice to see 4 new teams in the league and despite their defeat tonight I can see Hamilton with Falkirk being amongst the favourites but as you say Papa surely we can mount a challenge for a top four place. Nice to see the ex - Queens players playing well for the Diamonds in the play - off final with big Josh Rae the penalty shoot - out hero.

I have a great deal of trust in Marvin to do the job for Queens next season, but am slightly worried that all his signings so far have been within a 10 mile radius of Edinburgh! I hope he can cast his net a little bit wider in the coming weeks.

Big marvel is a good manager but I wouldn't judge him unless he gets what he needs from the chairman as at the end of the day doesn't matter how good the manager is it all depends on what he is given to build the squad he needs

He won’t have signed a 2 1/2 year deal if not promised funds for the season ahead.

Here we go again with the record that is stuck: Francis spend, spend, spend Begbie. I don't watch a lot of TV, but may I recommend Race Around the World to Francis? In that programme those who spend frantically - spending money on taxis are eliminated, but those who graft are rewarded.
    I am of the opinion, that Marvin will demand graft, and that he will be successful. He has seen that 11 half decent players at Livingston will over a season win more games than highly paid Prima Donnas every time.

Marvin has to be very careful and spend his budget wisely. Last season our bloated squad was about six players too many. I would much rather a tight knit unit. Not an easy task but surely close season should be a time of optimism.

Very much so, and as per your pen name - we need to 'dream.'
    I understand Francis ' s desire for a winning team, but we've argued ad infinitum about spending money and getting results.......it simply doesn't work in football. If it were that easy, every team would be in the top league.
    Without doubt, the Livingston model on home crowds of 1000 or so, is constant hard graft from committed individuals and at least your fair share of good luck.
    With Marvin in the hot seat, we can be pretty sure of the grafting part.

Marvin will only recruit players that will buy into his tough training regime and he will scour the country high and low for these. He will also be fully aware of the budget but I think that he may occasionally approach the board if he wants particular players that he thinks will be necessary to achieve the goal of making it back to the Championship but the club is drinking in the last chance saloon as if we fail we could be in the wilderness of part time football for a while. We really do need to fully back Queens for the upcoming season, Mon the South 👏👏

See we're being linked with a bid for Josh McPake in the Record.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)