+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Killie - last chance saloon

Killie - last chance saloon

This is the match of the season.

We are lucky that we can still survive with the number of points we have and the six pointers we have lost to teams around us

I didn’t see Killie losing at home to fermers today but it’s kept us in it

Lose on Wednesday are we down.

Draw and we are probably down - and in play offs at best even if we win at Motherwell.

Win and we could be 10th and get to safety

After the number of Birighitti howlers we have endured it is a miracle that we are still in with a chance

Worrying that Goodwin after initially saying we had enough and we wanted to work with the squad is now criticising the players !

To be fair though he has to call it like it is - and it is time for the defence to cut out the errors

On Wednesday we can’t leave anything to Birighitti or have him saving anything

Like the Killie and Aberdeen league wins at home earlier in season we need to play well and not leave the keeper with anything to do

We have quality players further up the park - players that other teams would love to have:
    Levitt coming back
    McGrath is quality
    Harkes coming on to a game
    Sibbald is better than the midfielders at Killie or RC

RC only have Dhanda as a creative and Killie are pretty poor going forward especially away

We need to forget about everything that has gone before and focus on this one match that can bring us off the bottom

We can make Tannadice feel like a fortress and give it one last push to stay in this league

If we stay up there are lots of poor teams there next season like the Fun and St J - I’m pretty sure with a decent keeper next season we would be easily safe. In the championship though it is always hard to get out.

Last chance saloon - time for the players to give it everything and deliver a big win

Let’s have the performance of the season to make it up to the fans for all the sh*te we have had to endure
    Last edited by LSArab; 20-05-2023 at 09:47 PM.

I wonder if shedka feels this one is a must win?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Ha ha.

Mathematically it is possible to draw and reach the play offs

It does though also involve us beating Motherwell away, Killie losing at home to Ross Co, a cow jumping over the moon, pigs flying over the Tay…

Yep this one is pretty much must win 🙏🙏

Maybe something like

Birighitti

Niskanen Mulgrew Ayina McMann

Sibbald Harkes Levitt

Middleton McLeod McGrath

Come on United

Time to channel the way we played in that Alkmaar home match ….

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Ha ha.

Mathematically it is possible to draw and reach the play offs

It does though also involve us beating Motherwell away, Killie losing at home to Ross Co, a cow jumping over the moon, pigs flying over the Tay…

Yep this one is pretty much must win 🙏🙏

Maybe something like

Birighitti

Niskanen Mulgrew Ayina McMann

Sibbald Harkes Levitt

Middleton McLeod McGrath

Come on United

Time to channel the way we played in that Alkmaar home match ….
    We are in a right mess. We have players injured or just coming back from injury that, lets be honest, weren't even fit enough before, Levitt, Pawlett, and Middleton. Our keeper as everyone knows is the worst professional keeper in any league anywhere right now.

For me, we need to go to a flat back 5. Ayina Mulgrew and Graham with Mcmann and Freeman full backs not wing backs. I honestly don't care how we play, just lump it into the channels all game long with Niskanen and whoever else playing up top busting a gut(not Middleton) all game long. We need zero shots against, we need no daft freekicks, no unnecessary corners etc. Nothing can get to the keeper and we need to nick a goal. I do think alot of the players are trying but the indivdual errors of some and the lack of ballance in the team is why we find ourselves where we are.

I don’t know what has happened to Edwards this season.

If it was a central three though I’d still play him and he can deal with the high balls that Killie might send up

Yeah Middleton couldn’t last 90 mins before his injury so not much chance now

Agreed that the effort has been there from the players - just ridiculous mistakes and the keeper throwing in goals against

This is the match of the season.
    I wish I could agree but I think match of the season was last weekend v Ross County and we blew it big time.

Worrying that Goodwin after initially saying we had enough and we wanted to work with the squad is now criticising the players !
    If he is criticising the players then they'll probably just down tools - I believe they have previous for doing that this season.

On Open all mics yesterday, Alan Preston* was observing how nervous United look. They're so wary of making mistakes that they just play it safe and never try anything remotely risky - yet we still get huge errors, one leading to conceding a goal and another very nearly.

Trouble is, if we concede the first goal then we're screwed. Apart from the Motherwell game (which seems like months ago now) we have shown that we can't come back to win after going behind.

I reckon the worst Kilmarnock will get is a draw. They might even play for a draw but they would be stupid to do that as we are so easy to score against.

*on a separate note, does anyone know why Alan Preston hates United so much?

The issue for me going into this game is that most of the players have no personal pride or self-respect. Most of them will walk off the pitch knowing that they could have given more but since pretty much all of them must know their days are numbered and a clearout is imminent regardless if they win or not it's highly unlikely they are going to start showing some now.

We need these players that won't be here next season to save us. They will relegate us, then be shipped out in numbers to other teams.

I really hope a lot of these players get snapped up by our opponents in the championship next season

Oddly im pretty optimistic of beating killie.
    And I think we will.

As for well away. I expect a draw at best.

Id take a playoff if offered.

Not that im fully confident united could win it mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post

You type shedka a lot 😳

Yes unlike before it is a must win now, we don't want to be relying on what happens in Dingwall on Wed, I suspect now St Johnstone are safe they may get beat up there, or they might just relax and beat a County side that are back under pressure with a trip to the rugby park plastic to come on Sunday

Simply a win for us and 10th is still possible on Sunday regardless of what happens in Dingwall (better county don't win all the same)

Quote Originally Posted by That thing you do View Post
    Oddly im pretty optimistic of beating killie.
    And I think we will.

As for well away. I expect a draw at best.

Id take a playoff if offered.

Not that im fully confident united could win it mind you.
    I'm not, at all. Honestly, I don't have a clue why anyone would think we could beat anyone!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)