+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Aberdeen v St Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Good on you for giving Robson the credit he deserves.

To be fair when Robson took over I didn’t think he had it in him to be a good manager but the way he’s got the team going the last 3 months made me think I was wrong.

The fact he won so many games made it almost impossible not to appoint him,to finish 3rd from where we were in January is some achievement.
    I agree with all of that and like yourself I certainly wasn’t convinced he would do much but compared to us under Goodwin he has given us a far better team to watch. Keep progressing and i will be happy.

Just a random thought, would we be the first club to have had three different managers in one season, yet still qualify for European football

accuse me of not paying attention, but three managers?

FFS
    Ofcourse You are spot on DD I did mean two in one season (three in one YEAR ffs)
    Glass binned Feb 22, Cantwin binned January 23, then in stepped the one and only the great Barry Robson.
    So three different managers in 12 months and make it into Europe
    I tell ya that lad Robson has got some credentials
    Thank fk we never appointed Lennon

Ross, Fox, Goodwin have all tried to sort out the Jutes.

Unlucky, gents.

Probably the wrong place to put this but......Fück off Aberdeen Journals.
    Fück off and report on your Jutes from where you belong.

I'm a fitba fan, interested in the team and dressing room gossip.

I'm nae a fückin director, interested in hanging around the boardroom and looking at the bank account.

I don't need to be told how much money is involved in everything.

We've qualified for European Fitba, great, I'm chuffed.

But I don't need to be told how many euros you get for farting in the Europa League.

If the Dons draw Liverpool, then I'm sure the fans will be scrambling for tickets, just like they were the last time.

Will their first thought be, Oh Liverpool, that'll take in £5 million?

What's more, I don't need you to go through the finances 18 times in each edition, every edition, again tomorrow.

I appreciate it can't be easy writing about one club every day and trying to make it fresh, but you don't even fückin try do you?

It used to all be done a hell of a lot better than this, and mostly written by folk that were fückin guttered while they were writing it.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Probably the wrong place to put this but......Fück off Aberdeen Journals.
    Fück off and report on your Jutes from where you belong.

I'm a fitba fan, interested in the team and dressing room gossip.

I'm nae a fückin director, interested in hanging around the boardroom and looking at the bank account.

I don't need to be told how much money is involved in everything.

We've qualified for European Fitba, great, I'm chuffed.

But I don't need to be told how many euros you get for farting in the Europa League.

If the Dons draw Liverpool, then I'm sure the fans will be scrambling for tickets, just like they were the last time.

Will their first thought be, Oh Liverpool, that'll take in £5 million?

What's more, I don't need you to go through the finances 18 times in each edition, every edition, again tomorrow.

I appreciate it can't be easy writing about one club every day and trying to make it fresh, but you don't even fückin try do you?

It used to all be done a hell of a lot better than this, and mostly written by folk that were fückin guttered while they were writing it.
    There’s a hell of a lot of recent pasted repetition, as 57 often alludes to, too - when did all of that start? I’ve generally always looked in occasionally, but I subscribed overthe last year for £30 Pa.

The worst thing is the padding-out of copy with dull, unimportant match and cumulative statistics that tell us fûck all, but which are undoubtedly keeping some bean-counting trainspotter in a non-job. The final score is all we’re concerned about, not what Clarkson’s success rate is in achieving a 155° arc on free kicks more than 22 yards from the opposition crossbar.

What a hogshead of stale week-old care home pîsh.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 26-05-2023 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Unforgivable omission of the genitive singular apostrophe in Clarkson’s name.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789