+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tickets allocation?

Just read that Wendy have been allocated 7,500 more tickets than Barnsley and are expecting to sell the lot.
    Probably 44k Wednesday supporters there.
    With Wednesday outnumbering Barnsley supporters by such a degree it could well tip the balance in their favour.
    Although it didn’t at Swilsboro 😊
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 25-05-2023 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    A few notes:
    The 80s wernt the golden age at Barnsley.
    We had the miners strike during the mid 80s and because of how the club maintained prices during the strike I still know supporters that did not return to Oakwell after that strike.

We cannot compare ourselves to the Sheffield clubs - principally because those 2 club have a far bigger success story compared to Barnsley.
    Hence an Unknown number of football supporters from the Barnsley District have deserted their own town and joined these 2 clubs.

So compared to those clubs we are in a position of not really knowing what’s possible at Barnsley.
    But we keep getting little glimpses.

For example:
    Couldn’t get into Oakwell during the Premier season unless you had a season ticket.
    Big following when we get to a semi final or play off final.

For decades Barnsley could be put into the same bracket as clubs like Bolton, Blackburn and Burnley.
    We know that some of those clubs have overstretched - but all those clubs have experienced success in their recent history.
    Barnsley hasn’t.

We need to stop the rollercoaster ride that’s being going on now for 20 odd years.
    In which …..
    nothing built on the field
    nothing built off the field.

I was hoping Chien Lee would bring stability and build year on year - he didn’t.
    I’ve got my fingers crossed that Neerav will..
    You are so wrong on a number of points Nudger , for example the strike did not start until march 84 & the 4 seasons prior were certainly a golden period for this club , regarding Bolton, Blackburn & Burnley , they all have had many seasons of top flight football & FA cup glory & our history on the pitch is incomparable to these three especially Blackburn who have been champions of the premier league . Regarding the Sheffield clubs , although it pains me to say it but they both have big faithful fan bases , fans of Barnsley have not deserted the reds to follow either of these clubs but geographically a lot of their fans live in our area & their offspring follow suit , our village for example is made up of both Wednesday & Barnsley fans on a similar scale simply because it is 15 minutes to Oakwell & 15 minutes to Hillsboro . Regarding our crowds during our 1 season in the premier league we were always going to sell out, the ground only had a capacity of just over 18000 & we had to give the cop for away fans therefore 16000 ticket sales was very doable for a unique season but do not get carried away with the idea that we are a sleeping giant , we are not , what we are is a great family club steeped in the heart of south yorkshire with a decent fan base which fluctuates between 8 & 12 k fans through good & bad , gates will go higher or lower than those figures for brief spells depending on form but by and large thats where we are , the good folk of the area will always come out for a glory day & why not but if you are expecting the glory fans to suddenly be forming a long queue outside the box office to buy a season ticket then you are going to be disappointed unless of course we ever make it back to the promised land & being as I have had one season of that in 61 seasons of watching them then excuse me for not expecting it is going to happen some time soon .

Barnsley Football Club is disappointed to learn that the English Football League (EFL) has reallocated the total amount of tickets for the Sky Bet League One Play-Off Final.

The EFL requested 6,000 of Barnsley FC's allocated tickets to be available to Sheffield Wednesday supporters in Tier 5 on Wednesday, which was opposed by the Club.

Whilst we acknowledge the reasons offered up in terms of the current sales totals of both clubs, the potential risk to our supporters was our main concern. However, the EFL are confident that the safety measures put in place are sufficient.

The Reds take on The Owls in a South Yorkshire derby at the home of football on Monday 29 May in a 3pm kick off, with a place in the second tier up for grabs.

Pigs given 5000+ extra tickets by efl in barnsley endtop tier sayang that all safety measures have been met after barnsley complained aye olreight lets see

Have we finished selling our allocation yet? NO
    Grabbing feckers at efl risking crowd disturbance for a few quid. Quel surprise! Isn’t it supppsed to be an equal environment?
    Why not just laidk it at pigsty?

Last edited by POGGYWELL; 25-05-2023 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    You are so wrong on a number of points Nudger , for example the strike did not start until march 84 & the 4 seasons prior were certainly a golden period for this club , regarding Bolton, Blackburn & Burnley , they all have had many seasons of top flight football & FA cup glory & our history on the pitch is incomparable to these three especially Blackburn who have been champions of the premier league . Regarding the Sheffield clubs , although it pains me to say it but they both have big faithful fan bases , fans of Barnsley have not deserted the reds to follow either of these clubs but geographically a lot of their fans live in our area & their offspring follow suit , our village for example is made up of both Wednesday & Barnsley fans on a similar scale simply because it is 15 minutes to Oakwell & 15 minutes to Hillsboro . Regarding our crowds during our 1 season in the premier league we were always going to sell out, the ground only had a capacity of just over 18000 & we had to give the cop for away fans therefore 16000 ticket sales was very doable for a unique season but do not get carried away with the idea that we are a sleeping giant , we are not , what we are is a great family club steeped in the heart of south yorkshire with a decent fan base which fluctuates between 8 & 12 k fans through good & bad , gates will go higher or lower than those figures for brief spells depending on form but by and large thats where we are , the good folk of the area will always come out for a glory day & why not but if you are expecting the glory fans to suddenly be forming a long queue outside the box office to buy a season ticket then you are going to be disappointed unless of course we ever make it back to the promised land & being as I have had one season of that in 61 seasons of watching them then excuse me for not expecting it is going to happen some time soon .
    The strike killed much of the support and the momentum in the 80s.

What you are describing in relation to Bolton, Burnley and Blackburn is exactly what I’m saying.

I have never said Barnsley football supporters deserted the club to watch Sheffield.

No one from the start knew it was going to be a ‘unique season’ - consequently no one bought a ST thinking it would be a unique season.
    Point being - what would the attendances have been if the capacity of the ground was bigger - in that there was enough capacity to accommodate more ST sales and also pay on the gate.

One of the main reasons Barnsley has not progressed is that people - and even people on the board - have looked at the club as a ‘family club’.
    Little owd Barnsley.
    Never had owt …….. dunt want owt.
    In my lifetime only JD has had the vision and built what we see now.
    Hopefully Neerav - who’s not from around here - will be able to see the club from a different angle.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The current BFC Ownership Structure is--

A Shares

Parekh 35.88%
    Reynolds Hedge Fund (JAQ) 6.11%
    Lee 30.6%
    PMG-Conway and Hung 7.05%

B Shares

Crynes 20.36%

In the three Share Rights Issues this season Lee and PMG have bought up virtually all their entitlements worth over £2 million. If Parekh were to buy Lee and PMG out it would cost him this £2+ million plus the cost of Lee and Conway/ Hung's original Consortium shares from the 2017 takeover.
    Lee, Conway and Hung combined own more shares than Parekh so Parekh would need to more than double his present holding to buy them out.
    I have given JAQ the wrong husband. It is not Reynolds from the original Investor Group it is Matthew Edmonds whose Hedge Fund is the one remaining from the original Investor Group that Conway pitched to in the New York finance market in order to raise funds and become their representative at Barnsley FC.
    So to be clear it is the Edmonds Hedge Fund that holds 6.11% of Barnsley shares, owned by Matthew Edmonds, who is married to Julie Ann Quay, who represents the Edmonds Hedge Fund's interests at Barnsley FC.

Apologies for that important (to JAQ anyway) error.

Quote Originally Posted by GRASS SOD View Post
    Pigs given 5000+ extra tickets by efl in barnsley endtop tier sayang that all safety measures have been met after barnsley complained aye olreight lets see
    It is being said that the additional blocks being allocated to Wednesday are in the top tier above the tier already sold to Barnsley fans.

Barnsley fans are recommend to have appropriate headgear and waterproof clothing to deal with whatever may be thrown over from above, particularly if Barnsley look likely to be winners.

Safety reassurances my arse.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234