+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Incoming

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Saw that Mike had posted, wondered what it would be, and wasn’t disappointed.
    If we have a half decent season next season you won't hear a peep!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Sambou will leave I think but it will be at a cost. Mellor has been an excellent servant both times but if he is due an operation the likelihood is he won't be as good after it and I suspect we can probably pick someone up who is younger either on loan or a permanent signing. Personally, I think there will be 2 or 3 new signings and a couple of good loans including a keeper

I have been reading what you guys think about the recruitment for next season 1 point I would make is we have released 4 and are openly trying to offload another 3 players (BSD, RICHARDS AND SAMBOU) and assuming a couple of the out of contracts don’t sign (Agyei, Uwakwe) plus the loan players that have left that makes a fairly sizeable hole in our squad numbers circa 12 or 13 players I see some are suggesting we will probably recruit 4 or 5 combination of Permanent and loans this seems to be now where near the numbers we will require or am I missing something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I have been reading what you guys think about the recruitment for next season 1 point I would make is we have released 4 and are openly trying to offload another 3 players (BSD, RICHARDS AND SAMBOU) and assuming a couple of the out of contracts don’t sign (Agyei, Uwakwe) plus the loan players that have left that makes a fairly sizeable hole in our squad numbers circa 12 or 13 players I see some are suggesting we will probably recruit 4 or 5 combination of Permanent and loans this seems to be now where near the numbers we will require or am I missing something ?
    We never know what the quality of the Academy grads is but you can usually bet on 2 or 3 showing in a new season.

We never know what the quality of the Academy grads is but you can usually bet on 2 or 3 showing in a new season.

That means we need to bring in at least 10 then to have a similar number to last season and we all saw how a few injuries showed that to be not enough are we going to recruit that many or or we going to reduce the first team squad even further ?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Maybe the problem is my use of "dump". Does it read any better to say.."release"??🙂
    Of course it does, completely different.

My feeling also is that we've seen the last of Agyei and he will be impossible to replace. As for Macdonald, I would hope he would re-sign, but not worth breaking the bank for. CH's of his ilk, steady and experienced are more easily found than a 20 goal a season striker.

I think I said 5 minimum, just to cover the bases. I do not expect only 5 incoming in total.
    Also, it would be nice to have 10 more but there are other factors to consider when talking 'replacement'. Long didn't play for 90% of the season. Adebisi, Williams, CBR and Ainley missed significant chunks of the season. Red cards cost us a lot of appearances. So all that probably adds up to 3 or 4 fewer players available during last season. This would bring the replacement figure down from 10 to more like 6. Of course eventualities have to be covered so let's say 8. We will also have Holicek more readily available as well as Finney and O'Riordan (who was out on loan for ½ the season). We have 3 1st year professionals coming through, usually one of whom will start to make a breakthrough. So lots of numbers to play with but I stick by 5 MINIMUM.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I think I said 5 minimum, just to cover the bases. I do not expect only 5 incoming in total.
    Also, it would be nice to have 10 more but there are other factors to consider when talking 'replacement'. Long didn't play for 90% of the season. Adebisi, Williams, CBR and Ainley missed significant chunks of the season. Red cards cost us a lot of appearances. So all that probably adds up to 3 or 4 fewer players available during last season. This would bring the replacement figure down from 10 to more like 6. Of course eventualities have to be covered so let's say 8. We will also have Holicek more readily available as well as Finney and O'Riordan (who was out on loan for ½ the season). We have 3 1st year professionals coming through, usually one of whom will start to make a breakthrough. So lots of numbers to play with but I stick by 5 MINIMUM.

I would feel more comfortable with 5 or 6 new perms and 2 or 3 loans but in reality we need a GK, Fb, CB, 2 midfielders and a couple of forward players do approx 7 combination of perms and loans but with just that number we would need a lot of luck on the injury/suspension front.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I would feel more comfortable with 5 or 6 new perms and 2 or 3 loans but in reality we need a GK, Fb, CB, 2 midfielders and a couple of forward players do approx 7 combination of perms and loans but with just that number we would need a lot of luck on the injury/suspension front.
    We don't need more than 1 forward. We have Long, CBR and Nevitt. I also don't think we NEED a centre back. We have Offord, O' Riordan and Williams and possibly MacDonald. I think we have another CB in the Academy who may well breakthrough. Defo need a keeper, and a full back, preferably one who can play full back if needs be. So a "David Wright" type player. I guess midfield depends on a) whether they see Griffiths growing into the role and b) whether there are any in the Academy champing at the bit to get in the first team. We ain't got unlimited funds so I reckon half a dozen is probably about it.

We don't need more than 1 forward. We have Long, CBR and Nevitt. I also don't think we NEED a centre back. We have Offord, O' Riordan and Williams and possibly MacDonald. I think we have another CB in the Academy who may well breakthrough. Defo need a keeper, and a full back, preferably one who can play full back if needs be. So a "David Wright" type player. I guess midfield depends on a) whether they see Griffiths growing into the role and b) whether there are any in the Academy champing at the bit to get in the first team. We ain't got unlimited funds so I reckon half a dozen is probably about it.
    We needs a couple of wingers I think, a CB assuming McDonald does not sign, Offord was terrible back end of the season so I’m not as confident about him as I once was. But what a depressing thought that we might have to rely on Griffiths truly a very poor footballer if we can’t do much better than that we are in trouble.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast