+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Incoming

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Seems I took too long composing that response and another person has leapt in with 'interesting' take on logic (200 more season tickets means fans are leaving???? - what did I say about 'alternative truths'?)
    Yes, I couldn't understand that. But I am not very bright so it is not surprising.

Having attended most home games last season I can say with some confidence that many of the Academy graduates that played (Williams, O'Riordan and Tabiner) were a complete success. And I don't doubt there will be more showing this season. And I ain't sure how 200 more Season Tickets sold equates to supporters not coming back.

Sorry Mike, but I have confidence the Board are doing everything they can be reasonably expected to do to ensure we have a club sto support for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Yes, I couldn't understand that. But I am not very bright so it is not surprising.
    I get my wires crossed as well...

What I meant was 200 increase may seem to be an improvement but relatively tiny as the figure of ST's sold here are not good and so any increase would need to be significant to show up and that figure of 200 quoted doesn't. I'm not accusing anyone of telling fibs but lets have the full picture of ST sold and the wages paid so they can be discussed fairly. I think fans would be very angry if they knew that most clubs in the National League are paid better than ours but then they may not. I want to know!

After 2 years of dismal results, a clear out of players and staff would have been justified and fair even though most or even all of them seem decent guys..Its dismal to sack people and it costs money but it's no good being a middling league team in the bottom division and the club don't imo have the right policies to get higher, only pigs will fly and keep praying!

It happens every 50 years..

So, who are your early (very early) predictions for promotion (automatic) and relegation?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Sorry Mike, but I have confidence the Board are doing everything they can be reasonably expected to do to ensure we have a club sto support for the foreseeable future.
    Me too, and it looks as if the Football League do as well. Congratulations to Mr Grant being appointed to the EFL Board. It can only be of benefit to us in the long run.

As for signings, everyone and their dogs are on holiday at the moment, contracts don't run out until the end of June, so nothing is going to happen for the time being. Not that it's particularly relevant, but we have made one more signing than our clayhead rivals put together.

Grimsby and Doncaster seem to be very busy in the transfer market!

So Concrete Rod is leaving. Not the 'news' I was waiting for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So Concrete Rod is leaving. Not the 'news' I was waiting for!!!
    Shame, but not the end of the world for me. Carlisle were happy for him to leave 12 months ago and improved their back line. So can we.....31 year old experienced CH's are not that difficult to find, if that's what we are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Shame, but not the end of the world for me. Carlisle were happy for him to leave 12 months ago and improved their back line. So can we.....31 year old experienced CH's are not that difficult to find, if that's what we are looking for.
    And of course we still have Offord. It is my guess we triggered the extension to his contract because there were doubts over MacDonald. We definitely wouldn't have wanted to lose both of them

Looks like he was one of the players who were offered a contract on reduced terms, bitterly disappointed to see him go personally, he certainly did himself proud with the vast majority of his appearances and a great leader aswell.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast