+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Incoming

As long as we get the required cover don`t care how they come. I have no problem with loanees.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Is that it for signings. Just loanees, maybe?
    I do hope not, there have been far more that have left the club than have joined and recruitment so far has been disappointing we need 2 or 3 more perms at least and a couple of loans, we look weak at the back and need a couple in that department and a couple of more in the Center/wide areas of the team to add some strength in depth, the club seems to continue to make the same mistakes get rid of more than come in hope you don’t get injuries and just wing it, the club continues to limp along and soon we will be put out of our misery and drop out of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I do hope not, there have been far more that have left the club than have joined and recruitment so far has been disappointing we need 2 or 3 more perms at least and a couple of loans, we look weak at the back and need a couple in that department and a couple of more in the Center/wide areas of the team to add some strength in depth, the club seems to continue to make the same mistakes get rid of more than come in hope you don’t get injuries and just wing it, the club continues to limp along and soon we will be put out of our misery and drop out of the league.
    Good positive note on July 4th. Tipping us to drop out of the league this early in proceedings must be a record. We have made what, on the face of it, one or two decent signings and doubtless we will pick up one or two more. I know it is not generally a popular view in some ares but our young players coming through will beef up the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Good positive note on July 4th. Tipping us to drop out of the league this early in proceedings must be a record. We have made what, on the face of it, one or two decent signings and doubtless we will pick up one or two more. I know it is not generally a popular view in some ares but our young players coming through will beef up the numbers.
    Can’t see where I said I was tipping us for the drop this season but hey why let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Can’t see where I said I was tipping us for the drop this season but hey why let the truth get in the way of a good story.
    I think that Timmy took the words “the club continues to limp along, and soon we will be put out of our misery and drop out of the league” as
    you tipping us for relegation.
    Having read and reread your post several times, I can’t see any other interpretation. Perhaps it’s a bit more cryptic, and if so your explanation is awaited.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    "Our young players"??????

Sorry but none of them are 'ours' and they will want away just like any other footballers for bigger money. Some may not even sign extensions to contracts as we have seen. I'm saying nothing new and why football has no real interest and even top players in the PL are in fact just loanees until the next big cheque...It's depressing but its just a fact of life as in any other job.

But although there is an element of truth in what you say, why highlight our young players for your comment if, as you claim, it is a 'universal truth'.
    Besides, there is ample evidence of an affinity between our academy graduates and the club. Morris had 30 years with the club and has just left for what he sees as promotion/recognition of his talents.
    I have, in the past, worked for a variety of employers some of whom I wouldn't touch with a bargepole and others I still stay in some kind of contact with due to the mutual impact of working there. I am also in touch with various ex-students, some of whom are friends. This latter point is the nearest I can approximate to the unique relationship that football has i.e. a fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    "Our young players"??????

Sorry but none of them are 'ours' and they will want away just like any other footballers for bigger money. Some may not even sign extensions to contracts as we have seen. I'm saying nothing new and why football has no real interest and even top players in the PL are in fact just loanees until the next big cheque...It's depressing but it’s just a fact of life as in any other job.
    Agree Mike, there is very little loyalty. Considering the short career you cannot criticise lower league footballers for having that attitude.
    However I don’t understand your first few words and multiple question marks.
    Any player who signs a contract and plays for a club is by popular usage, “ours “. In the case of players who have been at a club since the age of 6/7/8 the word is even more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Agree Mike, there is very little loyalty. Considering the short career you cannot criticise lower league footballers for having that attitude.
    However I don’t understand your first few words and multiple question marks.
    Any player who signs a contract and plays for a club is by popular usage, “ours “. In the case of players who have been at a club since the age of 6/7/8 the word is even more appropriate.
    Hello, great weather we are having!

Good question about the question marks.. I was thinking more of 'our' young players at RH not thinking like we do as fans, in that we consider them as ours which is a fair point, especially if they have been here a long time as some have. Unfortunately we have seen some of these young players say stuff you to the club when the club thinks they should sign extensions to contracts in order to repay the long years of training/coaching they have received from the club. ie they don't think of themselves as 'ours' but no criticism of fans if they think that. Of course we have had players who think the world of this club who have moved on and that is good to see too..

They have always had shortish careers as footballers but unless you are a PL wealthy player, there are other jobs out there for them but many do find their way still in football. ie with the academy structure in place.

ATB everyone..

Jacob Davenport? I take it he is meant as 'back up' as twice moved on, latterly by Stockport, after 6 month contracts.
    I should imagine we have our midfield quota if he signs. We'll have Powell, Colkett, Thomas and Tabs fighting for the regular 2 or 3 (or 4?) regular places with Davenport (if he signs) Griffiths Holicek and Lunt providing back up although I suspect the latter will be going out on loan.
    I make that a squad of 25 with 2 possible outgoings (&#129310 and 3 possibly loaned out so 20. At least 2 or 3 (loanees?)to come. Would that be enough?

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast