+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    We needs a couple of wingers I think, a CB assuming McDonald does not sign, Offord was terrible back end of the season so I’m not as confident about him as I once was. But what a depressing thought that we might have to rely on Griffiths truly a very poor footballer if we can’t do much better than that we are in trouble.
    I think that may be a little harsh on Griffiths. He had a spell in the side where I thought he looked ok. However I would say that it has to be this season or he is not likely to make it here.
    With regard to Offord, I agree he did have a disappointing end to the season. But I feel it was a dip in form rather than he became a poor player. He made mistakes in the last third of the season that were not there before. Let's hope he comes back stronger
    Last edited by Timmy58; 22-05-2023 at 09:11 PM.

Yes I think Offord lost an edge after successive suspensions. Come the new season, I reckon he'll have got that back. I still think he should look to move on for his own sake. I would try hard to keep Mcdonald. Our player of the season hardly ranks as 'middling'. He is hard and decisive, has a decent level of ball-control and, as shown at Harrogate, can be utilised up front as well. He acts as a counterpoint to Alex-style defenders- just what we needed this last season and maybe next.
    Wartman, I go along with you on the forwards. We currently have 3 central strikers but nobody wide (although Long can play there, somewhat reluctantly, I suspect!). We will always need someone to get behind defences to pull the ball back rather than relying, all the time, on playing in through the middle.
    Nobody seems to be mentioning Evans. Is he a forward destined for the Dabbers like many before him?

According to O/S 'press conference' the club will know something in a couple of days about the player who came to 'look around'. i suppose that's to do with contract expiry dates.
    Other than that, there's no gossip that I've seen/heard (but then I don't do twitfaceogram!)

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    According to O/S 'press conference' the club will know something in a couple of days about the player who came to 'look around'. i suppose that's to do with contract expiry dates.
    Other than that, there's no gossip that I've seen/heard (but then I don't do twitfaceogram!)

So another week of piffle and waffle on the OS ending with a cringey pathetic CBR with his begging bowl out. So no news on the players going out of contract and no news on the alleged players visiting the club for talks. Are the rumours that season ticket sales are not going well true ?

So another week of piffle and waffle on the OS ending with a cringey pathetic CBR with his begging bowl out. So no news on the players going out of contract and no news on the alleged players visiting the club for talks. Are the rumours that season ticket sales are not going well true ?
    According to an official Alex tweet yesterday it said that "we have now exceeded last seasons Season Ticket numbers". What it doesn't say is, is that to the same point in time or overall? Either way a big surprise to me.

Exactly the opposite, apparently!!

Apparently ticket sales are going well. As for prospective signings, I am not particularly interested in players coming for a look round. I have absolutely no doubt that when there is something concrete to tell us, they will. Unlikely the club will talk about individuals as I am sure there is plenty of competition out there for the players we might want.

Lachlan Brook released by Brentford. Are we interested ?

Quote Originally Posted by OzMozz View Post
    Lachlan Brook released by Brentford. Are we interested ?

I would suggest we probably would be, but can we afford him is the big question ? and I think that is highly unlikely !!

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    According to an official Alex tweet yesterday it said that "we have now exceeded last seasons Season Ticket numbers". What it doesn't say is, is that to the same point in time or overall? Either way a big surprise to me.

I would be very surprised indeed and I am not sure if it we’re true that they would need to roll out CBR on a PR stunt #getyourseasontickets the quality and numbers involved in our summer recruitment campaign will be the true marker on season ticket sales. Not forgetting the board had to absorb 1 million worth of losses recently so I am not so sure there will be any money coming from them for the recruitment campaign. Fingers crossed that we have smashed last seasons ticket sales.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast