+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Incoming

Re: Brook. I'm not sure. On his better days he would certainly fit in. However, he also had quite a few anonymous games. Whether the anonymous games were due to him being played out of position or not, I don't know but in his 1st game, at Rochdale, as an outright winger he looked quite good. It was only until the end of the season that he put in more good performances, this time as the front point of a diamond.
    The more relevant point is, as Wartman aptly points out, is his salary.
    So he would be, in my opinion, worth showing an interest but not too intently.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    So another week of piffle and waffle on the OS ending with a cringey pathetic CBR with his begging bowl out. So no news on the players going out of contract and no news on the alleged players visiting the club for talks. Are the rumours that season ticket sales are not going well true ?
    I've only just watched the CBR 'appeal' to buy season tickets. Can't say I found it cringey. At least not in a way that generational differences/footballer speak wouldn't account for. It seemed pretty bog standard social media speak to me.
    Ah well!
    Could do with some news!!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I've only just watched the CBR 'appeal' to buy season tickets. Can't say I found it cringey. At least not in a way that generational differences/footballer speak wouldn't account for. It seemed pretty bog standard social media speak to me.
    Ah well!
    Could do with some news!!

The only news I can see at the moment is that Uwakwe looks to be heading to either Stevenage or Salford, it is worrying that with the exception of Long none of the out of contract players have committed their futures to the club and some of these are our academy graduates, what is the reason do we think that we are struggling to get players to sign on the dotted line , are they simply waiting for a better deal elsewhere or are they waiting to see who we recruit in to strengthen or are they simply just negotiating with the club.

Another possibility maybe that some are on holiday. Apparently Lee Bell is.
    Nothing inspiring in pre-season games yet (like a fixture I can actually get to)

So...Grant says 200+ more season tickets than this stage last year. So that's been cleared up then.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So...Grant says 200+ more season tickets than this stage last year. So that's been cleared up then.

Well we only have Mr Grants word for that as I am not aware that the club publish total season tickets sales by way of numbers of (I stand to be corrected) and if this is true to you don’t have the figures to challenge his comments. As I have said before money talks in this game and we will see the level in way of standards and numbers that stay and Join the club over the coming weeks starting with Agyei no club in their right mind would let him leave we ought to be making it too difficult for him to leave by paying him a decent wage to stay 16 goal a season strikers are not 10 a penny at our level.

Well we only have Mr Grants word for that as I am not aware that the club publish total season tickets sales by way of numbers of (I stand to be corrected) and if this is true to you don’t have the figures to challenge his comments. As I have said before money talks in this game and we will see the level in way of standards and numbers that stay and Join the club over the coming weeks starting with Agyei no club in their right mind would let him leave we ought to be making it too difficult for him to leave by paying him a decent wage to stay 16 goal a season strikers are not 10 a penny at our level.
    As I have said elsewhere, I think we need to put some faith in Mr Grant and the Board to act in the best interests of the Club. I am not particularly aware of clubs generally saying how many tickets have been sold and certainly not at this stage in the proceedings. If he says sales are up, I have no reason to doubt it.
    With regard to retaining the services of Agyei, I agree everything possible should be done to keep him but not at the expense of being able to sign anyone else decent. We should NOT be breaking the bank to keep him. Other factors maybe involved in him moving on. For example, family. I have heard, and I don't know if it is true, that he lives in the south of the country and in fact commuted to play for us. So if he leaves, as seems likely, maybe not blame the club for not trying hard enough to keep him

It maybe too early to say but if its just 200 ST up on last year, then that is really terrible as last season was arguably one of the worst seasons we have had for many a year and so maybe fans are not coming back after what was another poor season compared with many clubs our size in L1 and L2?

Of course the Chairman wants to sound upbeat and optimistic but he really should be worried after two very poor seasons and actually doing nothing to stop the rot that is going on here..playing academy graduates is a disaster as they really are too young to play in professional football without getting injured and missing lots of games and that costs the club a lot of money when the same money or even a lot less can be spent on better more professional players we have coming through. More clubs at a higher level than us realised this many moons ago and we are stuck with Dario's legacy and anyway the EEEP only favours the PL and even our graduates want away with just one good season here after giving them two or three years to get up to speed.

I think we are heading for the National League if the Directors don't change direction. Youngsters are no good at this level, maybe Mr Grant and the Board ought to spend more time at RH to see how poor everything is including the players...They try their best but....they cannot even get into National League sides which tells you something...ie Pie in the sky is the mentality here. They won't tell us the number of ST's sold or even the players wages. Fans don't count here!

In these times of 'alternative' and 'personal' 'truths', I think we should show a little faith in the chairman and not assume he is not telling the truth just because it may conflict with one's own instincts. 200+ is a small gain anyway in relative terms but a gain is a gain in these hard times.
    I expect very few of us, realistically, expect Agyei to be here next season as having poked his head above the parapet by scoring 16 he was always likely to be noticed by those with much deeper pockets.
    At the same time, it is good news that we have offloaded Sambou. The downside, of course, is that it will have drained some of our resources in 'settling' contract agreements.
    I feel frustrated supporting the Alex as much as anyone. However, a moment of reflection makes ponder what it must be like being a Bradford (just one example)fan. With all their available resources and a 'celebrity' manager, this is going to be their 4th (or is it 5th?) continuous year in this division.
    What must they think about the relative status of the 2 clubs, particularly as we took 4 points off them last season?
    Having said which, I'm still impatient to hear some 'incoming' news.

Seems I took too long composing that response and another person has leapt in with 'interesting' take on logic (200 more season tickets means fans are leaving???? - what did I say about 'alternative truths'?)

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast