+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Result and first goal scorer at Wembley...

Given my lack of success, indeed lacklustre performance, in the prediction leagues I do not forecast CUFC results.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    AND where was the players ratings after the first leg,what about how the ref controlled the game,theres always a slagging off of the ref after a game even if he's given a yellow to a Carlisle players forearm smash or summat
    I show my protest at the lack of interest by Cumbrians in their biggest game in a decade I shall withdraw from next seasons prediction league and somebody else will have to fight over the wooden spoon,but to show that I'm no Frank I will still donate 20 guinneas to the pot for the winner if Griffy does one,if he doesn't I'm donated nowt Incase it goes on 70's Genesis first pressings or summat...

I need a cup of tea and a biscuit now for some reason
    So if I understand correctly you are threatening to withdraw from Predictocomp in protest at a perceived lack of interest by Cumbrians in the play off final.

This despite the fact that 15,000 tickets have already been sold for a game that involves a round trip of over 600 miles with a 1.30 kick off on the Sunday of a Bank Holiday weekend. The supporters buses are typically setting off for the game at 4.15 am and there are no trains from Carlisle that day that would get to the match on time.

Hardly a lack of interest in the match.

Against this background, withdrawing from Predictocomp would represent one hell of a flounce and would only go to confirm many Cumbrian suspicions that any one south of Kendal is a soft southern *******.

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    So if I understand correctly you are threatening to withdraw from Predictocomp in protest at a perceived lack of interest by Cumbrians in the play off final.

This despite the fact that 15,000 tickets have already been sold for a game that involves a round trip of over 600 miles with a 1.30 kick off on the Sunday of a Bank Holiday weekend. .
    Pffft,Notts sold 22,000 tickets in a non league league final AND not only was it also on the bank holiday but the trains was on strike as well plus there was Notts, Chesterfield and Forest fans all heading in the same direction at the same time,you bloody Cumbrians don't know how good you've got it

My withdrawal from the prediction league is not a flounce,if it was I wouldn't donate twenty guineas to the winner and to show that I'm a man of my word I'm more than willing to donate that money today if you or griff wants to send me your bank details or PayPal account,to protest isn't the same as flouncing

dosiuk@aol.co.uk

Pffft,Notts sold 22,000 tickets in a non league league final AND not only was it also on the bank holiday but the trains was on strike as well plus there was Notts, Chesterfield and Forest fans all heading in the same direction at the same time,you bloody Cumbrians don't know how good you've got it

My withdrawal from the prediction league is not a flounce,if it was I wouldn't donate twenty guineas to the winner and to show that I'm a man of my word I'm more than willing to donate that money today if you or griff wants to send me your bank details or PayPal account,to protest isn't the same as flouncing

dosiuk@aol.co.uk
    If it is not a flounce what is it then?

It is only a couple of weeks since you were criticising protesters.

We don't want your money Chalky. We want you to participate in Predictocomp.

We don't want your money Chalky. We want you to participate in Predictocomp.
    Fair enough

dosiuk@aol.co.uk
    According to 2021 population census:

Population of Nottingham 323,600.
    Population of Carlisle 110,255.

According to AA Route Maps.

Distance Nottingham to Wembley Stadium. 124 miles.
    Distance Carlisle to Wembley Stadium. 307 miles.

Nottingham is virtually 3 times the size of Carlisle and (let's face it) you live on the outskirts of London Chalky.

Hardly a long journey is it?

It is only a couple of weeks since you were criticising protesters.

Just double checked on my post and I stated that I'm not against anti monarchy protesters just the ones who spoil it for others,they do p­iss me off,if you don't like something then dont go down to where it's being held and act like a nob and spoil it for everyone else,people sho go into KFC and complain about the lack of veggie options also p­isses me off,it's a bloody KFC! Most of the protesters that I've seen on tv are middle class ego hunters

According to 2021 population census:

Population of Nottingham 323,600.
    Population of Carlisle 110,255.
    Yeah Carlisle is a one football club city and Nottingham has two,not only that but Forest are a Premier League club who have a far bigger support than us,a fair approximation would be 4/1 so it's not that simple is it,?

Just double checked on my post and I stated that I'm not against anti monarchy protesters just the ones who spoil it for others,they do p*iss me off,if you don't like something then dont go down to where it's being held and act like a nob and spoil it for everyone else,people sho go into KFC and complain about the lack of veggie options also p*isses me off,it's a bloody KFC! Most of the protesters that I've seen on tv are middle class ego hunters
    Exactly. Likewise you would be spoiling it for others if you protested by not participating in Predictocomp.

Does that make you a middle class ego hunter?

Yeah Carlisle is a one football club city and Nottingham has two,not only that but Forest are a Premier League club who have a far bigger support than us,a fair approximation would be 4/1 so it's not that simple is it,?
    You are ignoring Carlisle City.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)