+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Result and first goal scorer at Wembley...

Result and first goal scorer at Wembley...

I've decided to have a fluttet on the game on Sunday and I'm basing my bet on the replies on this thread,so...

First goal scorer (either side)

Final score 90 mins

I did this once on the Dale board once and won a nice wedge backing Henderson first goal scorer

I wasn't exactly inundated with advice on this bet so I went for Carlisle to win 2-1 at 10/1

I would have gone Stockport 😀

Chalky, we divn’t want to jinx it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    I wasn't exactly inundated with advice on this bet so I went for Carlisle to win 2-1 at 10/1
    You didn't exactly give us time to fully assess this bet Chalky.

A lot can happen between today and Sunday that could effect the outcome.

National rail strike. Injuries in training. Outbreak of Covid in one of the squads. Retrospective FA suspensions. Extreme weather in London etc etc.

It's a bit like when you submit your Predictocomp entry. You are nearly always first to enter, often a week before the matches.

Are the winnings from recent weeks burning a hole in your pocket?

Do the bookies in Nottingham close for the rest of the week after Tuesday?

You lot have had 47 games to assess the players skills and who's likey to score and who's not,I asked the same thing once on the Dale board when they played Spurs in the cup and it was well recieved with lots of people giving theie opion,not only that I listened to the masses and put 10 quid on Henderson at 12/1 and got a nice wedge out of it,as a token of gratitude I donated £50 of the winnings to a local Rochdale charity,they was well up for the game,it was rightly talked about every day,nobody is interested on here about the biggest game in ten years,the odd post from yourself,cayambe or Pete and that's it,it's bonkers,Stefan even hasn't been seen since stated that Bradford would win at Carlisle and there's hasn't been a stat from him in weeks,bdb puts a post up about bloody Fleetwood and everyone had say!

AND where was the players ratings after the first leg,what about how the ref controlled the game,theres always a slagging off of the ref after a game even if he's given a yellow to a Carlisle players forearm smash or summat
    I show my protest at the lack of interest by Cumbrians in their biggest game in a decade I shall withdraw from next seasons prediction league and somebody else will have to fight over the wooden spoon,but to show that I'm no Frank I will still donate 20 guinneas to the pot for the winner if Griffy does one,if he doesn't I'm donated nowt Incase it goes on 70's Genesis first pressings or summat...

I need a cup of tea and a biscuit now for some reason

Anyone know if the date of the final has been released yet.

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    Anyone know if the date of the final has been released yet.
    You know what,for one millisecond I thought WTF! before realising you was taking the p­ss Pete,very good 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    You lot have had 47 games to assess the players skills and who's likey to score and who's not,I asked the same thing once on the Dale board when they played Spurs in the cup and it was well recieved with lots of people giving theie opion,not only that I listened to the masses and put 10 quid on Henderson at 12/1 and got a nice wedge out of it,as a token of gratitude I donated £50 of the winnings to a local Rochdale charity,they was well up for the game,it was rightly talked about every day,nobody is interested on here about the biggest game in ten years,the odd post from yourself,cayambe or Pete and that's it,it's bonkers,Stefan even hasn't been seen since stated that Bradford would win at Carlisle and there's hasn't been a stat from him in weeks,bdb puts a post up about bloody Fleetwood and everyone had say!
    We have 5 strikers for 2 positions and throughout the season Simmo has tended to rotate the first choice two depending on fitness, form, suspensions etc.

At this stage we can only guess who is likely to be up front on Sunday. Our top scorer (Kristian Dennis) suffered a nasty injury in training just before the second leg of the semi-final and we may learn more about the chances of him playing later in the week.

If you are looking for heavier message board traffic, there is another Carlisle message board you can also use.

Link attached.

https://thebuzzisback.boards.net/boa...ord-on-warwick

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)