+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forum Proposal

For me, I see the biggest issue on the board, and yes, I have followed it like others for a number of years, and decided to join it recently. That problem is the personal insults, if you ban posters who are fans or supporters of other clubs for using personal insulting behavior then the Mod would have take the same view with an Albion fan.

I recently penned that I was not going to stop going to the Hawthorns. I considered (I don’t go every gam) that I was a supporter because I support the club financially. When I did not go I considered myself a fan.

I was disagreed with and I accept that, however, I was then called a ‘bag of dog sh it.’ That was needles and a personal insult. I am certain if I had retaliated in the same vein, that I would have been banned.

I certainly would not like to see the poster who was personal towards me banned for any length of time, however, it might be prudent, in order to prevent any personal insulting conduct to deal with such incidents by requiring those that go beyond the rules set out by Footie Mad are at least advised accordingly.

I wish the person who takes on the roll the very best and I’m sure whoever it is, they will do a splendid job and hopefully the board will thrive.
    Last edited by On Balance; 23-05-2023 at 06:56 AM.

About six or seven years ago when West Brom were in the Premier League and us "Dingles," as you like to call us, were floundering around in the lower divisions we took some right flack from your supporters. Yes we had a few who retaliated at the time, but it was mainly banter.

I used to get annoyed at some of your posts, and I remember thinking the wheel will go the full circle. At the time our board, like yours was quite vibrant, but several of our regular posters have past on and others have just disappeared into the atmosphere.
    I have never been one for slinging insults at people, there are far more important things in life than living behind a keyboard.

Wolves have been lucky with our ownership but even now thousands want more. A once million pound player was like a god to supporters, but now they want £50 million players. Football supporters in general will never be satisfied. It's great spending someone else's money. We all want the best for our clubs, whether it be facilities, or players, but the way the Premier League is going, I am afraid it could ruin football as we used to know it.

VAR has been a disaster, taking away all the instant euphoria after scoring a goal, mind you we don't score many. The big six or seven seem to get away with murder, to the point where you begin to suspect corruption amongst officials. In our case, like yourselves, I wonder if it is because we are owned by Chinese??? The rich Oil and American owned clubs don't appear to attract so much flack from the powers above.

After a very poor start to the season we recovered beating Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Brentford, Palace, and Villa. without any of them scoring against us. In a way it mirror's your season. After a bad start you recovered to finish in the top half. Next year will be very hard with the relegated teams, much depending on which players they manage to hang on too. But you will have your manager from the start this time around.

Remember the wheel will turn a full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    About six or seven years ago when West Brom were in the Premier League and us "Dingles," as you like to call us, were floundering around in the lower divisions we took some right flack from your supporters. Yes we had a few who retaliated at the time, but it was mainly banter.

I used to get annoyed at some of your posts, and I remember thinking the wheel will go the full circle. At the time our board, like yours was quite vibrant, but several of our regular posters have past on and others have just disappeared into the atmosphere.
    I have never been one for slinging insults at people, there are far more important things in life than living behind a keyboard.

Wolves have been lucky with our ownership but even now thousands want more. A once million pound player was like a god to supporters, but now they want £50 million players. Football supporters in general will never be satisfied. It's great spending someone else's money. We all want the best for our clubs, whether it be facilities, or players, but the way the Premier League is going, I am afraid it could ruin football as we used to know it.

VAR has been a disaster, taking away all the instant euphoria after scoring a goal, mind you we don't score many. The big six or seven seem to get away with murder, to the point where you begin to suspect corruption amongst officials. In our case, like yourselves, I wonder if it is because we are owned by Chinese??? The rich Oil and American owned clubs don't appear to attract so much flack from the powers above.

After a very poor start to the season we recovered beating Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Brentford, Palace, and Villa. without any of them scoring against us. In a way it mirror's your season. After a bad start you recovered to finish in the top half. Next year will be very hard with the relegated teams, much depending on which players they manage to hang on too. But you will have your manager from the start this time around.

That’s a great post Abbo but sadly……the wheel never fully comes around in our direction!

Somebody always shoved a stick into the mechanism……usually the incumbent owner!

Excellent post Abbo.

I think many have said the Premier League will disappear up its own rear end however, a younger generation will grow up with VAR and all the Premier hype and know no different. VAR certainly has not improved the game, and certainly not the number of poor decisions that are made.

As for Chinese owners, never wanted a big rich owner, Chinese or otherwise, just someone who put the club first. I wouldn’t have chosen the one we got but it is a fact we as supporters/ fans/followers will never be happy as you say.

I’d hate to be one of the above to one of the top six big clubs, I like the club I support, mostly because you never know what will happen next. Supporting a big club brings few surprises in a season, I would find that a little dull.

Hopefully the wheel will turn for us but as it stands we are probably in decline and the wheel ain’t turning fast enough to bring us out of where we are. Let’s hope we will all return to the top flight, even though I dislike it, other than the financial benefits it brings in.

Even if we were all in the same league perhaps, for a good old Derby game.

Smashing post.

Good post. Hate the Prem. Teams busting a gut to be in a league where you are just waiting for the season to be relegated. Below the top six it could be anyone. Leicester and Everton this season courting trouble. It’s a pathetic league now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)