+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Proposal

Forum Proposal

Des you are doing a great job and agree with your comments on the thread of personal insults but the following needs to happen!

Other supporters - always welcome but should be banned if there’s any insults as you are banned on the Wolves forum for coughing. A number of Wolves supporters come on here with great contributions but sausage and egg has arrived with personal insults and goading and not contributed one decent topic - he’s a Dingle see below:

sausagenegg said:
    16-04-2023 05:25 PM
    Our midfield
    Strongest it's been in a very long time.
    Real steel with Lemina and Gomes, both can run all day and cover every blade of grass.
    Nunes looks like the shackles have been released and he is starting to show why he is so highly rated.

If in the likely event of Ruben leaving in the summer, as much as it will be a major loss, I think we will do ok.

As Chris does not post here anymore, I would welcome an additional MOD ( another posters suggestion ). I would nominate the following who are great posters ( if they wanted to do this by the way )

Phil
    Dave
    Leicester

Anyone else agree?
    Last edited by baggieal; 22-05-2023 at 07:41 AM.

Hi Al,

I think Des does a great job, this forum is one of the only places left in the online space that a pub type debate can continue. Perhaps we all need to in some way to act as mods and take a step back from time to time, when things take a personal turn just step back. Everyone on this forum is as much a supporter as the next, whether you go to games or don’t the emotional investment is there.
    If I had to choose an additional mod to help Des I would be happy with either Phil or Leicester.

I’m extremely flattered that I am being mentioned as a possible moderator on this board. However, I feel that there are posters with greater experience and with a more personal knowledge of other members than I have. I realise that this may sound a little strange but despite being an Albion fan for sixty plus years, I have little knowledge of the locality as I was brought up in Herefordshire and then moved to Leicester. I feel that there are certain nuances that you don’t experience by not living or having lived in the vicinity of the ground. I don’t know if you will understand these sentiments but that’s how I feel.
    Regarding the need for moderators, I’m somewhat saddened that it is required. Let’s face it, I don’t think that there is one person on this board that I haven’t disagreed with at some point, but differing opinions are fine as long as you accept these different opinions and don’t make personal attacks regarding them. It would be a sad state of affairs if we all thought the same.
    I hope that you understand the sentiments of this post and for me to reiterate the fact that I have been most flattered by being mentioned as a possible moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I’m extremely flattered that I am being mentioned as a possible moderator on this board. However, I feel that there are posters with greater experience and with a more personal knowledge of other members than I have. I realise that this may sound a little strange but despite being an Albion fan for sixty plus years, I have little knowledge of the locality as I was brought up in Herefordshire and then moved to Leicester. I feel that there are certain nuances that you don’t experience by not living or having lived in the vicinity of the ground. I don’t know if you will understand these sentiments but that’s how I feel.
    Regarding the need for moderators, I’m somewhat saddened that it is required. Let’s face it, I don’t think that there is one person on this board that I haven’t disagreed with at some point, but differing opinions are fine as long as you accept these different opinions and don’t make personal attacks regarding them. It would be a sad state of affairs if we all thought the same.
    I hope that you understand the sentiments of this post and for me to reiterate the fact that I have been most flattered by being mentioned as a possible moderator.
    Excellent post Leicester.

Your view is fully understood with regard to being considered as a Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Des you are doing a great job and agree with your comments on the thread of personal insults but the following needs to happen!

Other supporters - always welcome but should be banned if there’s any insults as you are banned on the Wolves forum for coughing. A number of Wolves supporters come on here with great contributions but sausage and egg has arrived with personal insults and goading and not contributed one decent topic - he’s a Dingle see below:

sausagenegg said:
    Our midfield
    Real steel with Lemina and Gomes, both can run all day and cover every blade of grass.
    Nunes looks like the shackles have been released and he is starting to show why he is so highly rated.

If in the likely event of Ruben leaving in the summer, as much as it will be a major loss, I think we will do ok.

As Chris does not post here anymore, I would welcome an additional MOD ( another posters suggestion ). I would nominate the following who are great posters ( if they wanted to do this by the way )

Phil
    Dave
    Leicester

Anyone else agree?
    I know he's a wolves fan but I don't think he has posted anything abusive, but getting personal with Albion fans on an Albion site is a no no.
    As I say I refrain from carding people as this is probably the only active site on mad, which is why he comes on here. You'll get more response at a seance than on the wolves mad site.
    I'm not an hypocrite and I got banned from their board for winding them up, so I can't really say anything.
    I had some run in's with Sweeney and Greavsey didn't like me much but their board was so lively and interesting when they held sway.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I would welcome any posters taking over as moderators, we need at least two. I have done it for over a decade and I am 68 in a couple of months and I am also an admin on a local history FB site, so I would be happy to stand down and just be a poster again.
    I wouldn't want to to be remembered for banning people. The thing is once you start banning it has a knock on effect, people ask for others to be banned for similar reasons and you get a dead board.
    The only one I don't regret banning was Bogbrush, even though I found his posts intelligent and amusing, he wound too many people up.
    I didn't ban wolves77, I gave him a yellow, but I think Chris gave him one as well and if you get too many the ban becomes automatic.
    I banned the old wolves fan who only used to come on and say get in whenever we conceded, forget his name, probably feeding the grubs now.
    I banned a few Villa fans but rescinded the bans after a year or two as a goodwill Christmas jesture.

As posted on the season ticket thread, for me Stevil81 is a top option to be a new mod.

PhilD and Prando would also be excellent additional choices.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I would welcome any posters taking over as moderators, we need at least two. I have done it for over a decade and I am 68 in a couple of months and I am also an admin on a local history FB site, so I would be happy to stand down and just be a poster again.
    I wouldn't want to to be remembered for banning people. The thing is once you start banning it has a knock on effect, people ask for others to be banned for similar reasons and you get a dead board.
    The only one I don't regret banning was Bogbrush, even though I found his posts intelligent and amusing, he wound too many people up.
    I didn't ban wolves77, I gave him a yellow, but I think Chris gave him one as well and if you get too many the ban becomes automatic.
    I banned the old wolves fan who only used to come on and say get in whenever we conceded, forget his name, probably feeding the grubs now.
    I banned a few Villa fans but rescinded the bans after a year or two as a goodwill Christmas jesture.
    I agree, the board is busy with a lot of good posters. I have enjoyed following it for many years and decided to join earlier this month. Keep up the good work it is appreciated and has been so by the many who have posted and read the site. Hopefully, whoever takes it on can keep it going and refrain from issuing cards unless it was absolutely necessary perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post

sausagenegg said:
    Our midfield

Phil
    Dave
    Leicester

Anyone else agree?
    Show me a personal insult or do you get that confused with the truth?

Thanks again Mick, I would be happy to be considered, however I wouldn't want to be the sole person doing it either.

I have been on here a while now (probably 10 years of reading and had a previous account) but have never been a serial poster. I do check most days, however.

Pardon the pun but keep me posted I would be happy to get more involved if nobody else is interested?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)