+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PL fixtures for Sunday 28th May

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    Arsenal v Wolves
    Aston Villa DRAW Brighton
    Brentford v Manchester City
    Chelsea DRAW Newcastle Utd
    Crystal Palace DRAW Nott'm Forest
    Everton v Bournemouth
    Leeds DRAW Spurs
    Leicester City v West Ham
    Man.Utd v Fulham
    Southampton v Liverpool

Predict a Score: St Johnstone 3 - 1 Livingston

Thanks Brin, I've really enjoyed doing the predictions, I just wish I'd not missed the first 6/7 this time around and I could've maybe made a bolder show towards the top of the league table. Have a great Summer everyone.
    Your welcome Nez, make sure you get in on the act from the off next season pal. I know you missed out due to illness so hopefully there’s nothing to stop you next time. Have a great summer yourself.

Well it's finally here, the last day of the PL for this season. I see there are a few still missing so don't miss out on the last day!

I see Cayton is having a last hurrah and welcome back pal. Just want to say it's been a great pleasure running the PL again and hopefully next season we may well see more people taking part. Good luck for today if you've entered.

Who will we be playing next season from the Prem? I want Leeds to stay up and want Everton to drop but, it's a big task and we will know all come the full time whistles. Crazy time for all to kick off don't you think?

NB. As a footnote, did you know the following?

Dropping into the second tier of English football is a costly experience as clubs face up to a huge deficit in the amount they receive from television payments.

"It wipes £60m off the revenue line overnight," Dr Dan Plumley, principle lecturer in sport finance at Sheffield Hallam, told BBC Sport.

"This is the difference between the guaranteed EPL television payment per season and the first year of parachute payments following relegation.

"The most recent available revenue figures in 2022 stood at £181.0m (Everton), £189.2m (Leeds United) and £214.6m (Leicester City). Relegation would put a significant dint in that figure.

"The most recent of the three to have been in the Championship (Leeds) earned £54.2m in that year (2020) highlighting the enormity of the revenue gap between the leagues."

Get ready for a fire sale at one or two clubs. I hope Taylor/Scott are keeping close tabs on the Hjelde situation.
    Last edited by Brin; 28-05-2023 at 09:39 AM.

Arsenal v Wolves home
    Aston Villa v Brighton draw
    Brentford v Man City draw
    Chelsea v Newcastle draw
    Crystal Palace v Notts Forest home
    Everton v Bournemouth draw
    Leeds v Spurs draw
    Leicester West Ham away
    Man Utd v Fulham home
    Southampton v Liverpool away

Predict a Score: St Johnstone 1 v 1 Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Well it's finally here, the last day of the PL for this season. I see there are a few still missing so don't miss out on the last day!

I see Cayton is having a last hurrah and welcome back pal. Just want to say it's been a great pleasure running the PL again and hopefully next season we may well see more people taking part. Good luck for today if you've entered.

Who will we be playing next season from the Prem? I want Leeds to stay up and want Everton to drop but, it's a big task and we will know all come the full time whistles. Crazy time for all to kick off don't you think?

NB. As a footnote, did you know the following?

Dropping into the second tier of English football is a costly experience as clubs face up to a huge deficit in the amount they receive from television payments.

"It wipes £60m off the revenue line overnight," Dr Dan Plumley, principle lecturer in sport finance at Sheffield Hallam, told BBC Sport.

"This is the difference between the guaranteed EPL television payment per season and the first year of parachute payments following relegation.

"The most recent available revenue figures in 2022 stood at £181.0m (Everton), £189.2m (Leeds United) and £214.6m (Leicester City). Relegation would put a significant dint in that figure.

"The most recent of the three to have been in the Championship (Leeds) earned £54.2m in that year (2020) highlighting the enormity of the revenue gap between the leagues."

Get ready for a fire sale at one or two clubs. I hope Taylor/Scott are keeping close tabs on the Hjelde situation.
    Dont worry brin. I will catch you next week.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Dont worry brin. I will catch you next week.
    Yes you will, as we'll all be on zero

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234