+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Champions League

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Partizan Belgrade on pens. We beat them away 1-0 then lost 1-0 at SJP.

Fkn sickening that was.
    Funny that I remember that, but dont remember that Newcastle went on to reach UEFA cup semifinal that year (defeated by Marseille 0:0 and 2:0 with Drogba brace) - had to look wiki for that

I remember Drogba was absolutely superb in that game, not just his goals but his all round play

My last Champions Leage home game was against PSV when I walked into the Strawberry all the Dutch fans were laughing and cheering at the names on our shirts.We had beaten Barcelona previously and a lot of our star players like Asprilla were missing which was a relief to their fans.
    I ended up on Dutch television and I am only 5 foot seven tall and there I was with a 6 foot five 20 stone Dutchman with his arm around me talking to the interviewer.I have no idea what he was saying I just carried on supping my pint.

Quote Originally Posted by Marat18 View Post
    Funny that I remember that, but dont remember that Newcastle went on to reach UEFA cup semifinal that year (defeated by Marseille 0:0 and 2:0 with Drogba brace) - had to look wiki for that
    Aye, and the club tried to sign him too.

Worth a sticky mods??

Group stage
    Draw: 31 August 2023
    Matchday 1: 19–20 September 2023
    Matchday 2: 3–4 October 2023
    Matchday 3: 24–25 October 2023
    Matchday 4: 7–8 November 2023
    Matchday 5: 28–29 November 2023
    Matchday 6: 12–13 December 2023

Knockout phase
    Round of 16: Draw: 18 December 2023, Games: 13–14 & 20–21 February 2024, 5–6 & 12–13 March 2024
    Quarter-finals: Draw: 15 March 2024, Games: 9–10 April 2024, 16–17 April 2024
    Semi-finals: 30 April – 1 May 20247–8 May 2024
    Final: 1 June 2024 at Wembley Stadium, London

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    My last Champions Leage home game was against PSV when I walked into the Strawberry all the Dutch fans were laughing and cheering at the names on our shirts.We had beaten Barcelona previously and a lot of our star players like Asprilla were missing which was a relief to their fans.
    I ended up on Dutch television and I am only 5 foot seven tall and there I was with a 6 foot five 20 stone Dutchman with his arm around me talking to the interviewer.I have no idea what he was saying I just carried on supping my pint.
    Still remember this game like it was yesterday, PSV fans singing always look on the bright side of life to us with only a few mins to go, them 1-0 up.

Always good craic the dutch IMO

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)