+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queen of the South Ladies

Queen of the South Ladies

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with the lack of coverage on the official website about the Ladies team. They have had a fantastic season winning all their matches with on more game that could see them promoted to SWFL Division 1.
    Despite this success the only mention on the official site is a shout out to any ladies or girls who want to play to get in touch with their chairwoman. And than message has been their for some years.
    Surely they deserve much better reporting on their achievements.

Queens Ladies wrapped up the title at Sanquhar on 30th April with a 10-0 victory, ending with Prosecco being sprayed around as the girls, coaches and travelling fans celebrated. With one league game to go, Queens still have a 100% record, with well over 100 goals scored and only 4 conceded. The team were presented with the trophy on Sunday after playing an exhibition game (was supposed to be a league game against Stewarton but they forfeited the game). Although Queens have the league title, that's not the end of the season. On June 4th Queens take on Harmony Row in a play off game, with the winners being promoted to the next tier, with the losing team then taking part in a second play off game to decide the third promotion spot. The play off game will be at NWCC, kick of 2pm, and it would be great to see a huge crowd there to drive the girls on to victory. All the girls, and the coaches, have worked very hard to get to this point, with a full pathway now in place for girls joining the club at a young age to work their way up to the Ladies team. The playing standard is high and the games are good to watch. Admission is free, but there is a bucket for donations, and we now have a catering caravan on site.

Ditto that. I know the website folk have their work cut out for them but it would be good, in time, to see the ladies team up there on the site along with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    Ditto that. I know the website folk have their work cut out for them but it would be good, in time, to see the ladies team up there on the site along with the others.
    Louis you might know but is the Queen of the South ladies team officially part of Queen of the South FC or not ? I have heard other Doonhamer fans asking this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Louis you might know but is the Queen of the South ladies team officially part of Queen of the South FC or not ? I have heard other Doonhamer fans asking this question.
    That's a good question Ftivano, to which, to be honest, I don't know the answer. The link below, which most people will likely have seen, is all the info I have and it's not entirely clear. The "Chairlady of the Club" is listed as being Sally Hammond, who isn't mentioned as a member of the QOS BOD which would suggest they're a separate entity. Someone must have a clearer answer so let's hope they post here...

http://www.qosfc.com/ladies

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    That's a good question Ftivano, to which, to be honest, I don't know the answer. The link below, which most people will likely have seen, is all the info I have and it's not entirely clear. The "Chairlady of the Club" is listed as being Sally Hammond, who isn't mentioned as a member of the QOS BOD which would suggest they're a separate entity. Someone must have a clearer answer so let's hope they post here...

http://www.qosfc.com/ladies
    I see you put the question on Pie and Bovril so thanks for that and I look forward to Queens Administration man Ewan Lithgow answering this query as I know quite a few fans are in the dark about the scenario.

Queens Ladies & Girls FC is a separate entity from QoS FC. As far as I know, Qos FC does not fund the Ladies/Girls team, which is funded by subscriptions, subs etc. paid by the girls themselves. I think there is a degree of mutual co-operation, for example last season Queens allowed Palmerston to be used for cup ties, and sometimes the younger girls act as ball girls at Queens games, but normally games and training are at NWCC.

They have the club badge on their strips which would indicate they are affiliated to the club. I doubt very much they would be allowed to do that unless they were in some way irrespective of funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriatico View Post
    They have the club badge on their strips which would indicate they are affiliated to the club. I doubt very much they would be allowed to do that unless they were in some way irrespective of funding.
    Ewan over on the Pie and Bovril site has explained the set - up. The Ladies are allowed to use the name and sometimes get the use of Palmy but currently are not part of Queen of the South FC

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Ewan over on the Pie and Bovril site has explained the set - up. The Ladies are allowed to use the name and sometimes get the use of Palmy but currently are not part of Queen of the South FC
    Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)