+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Do we really hate Forest?

They remind me of England fans as they dine out on something from years ago but actually under achieve compared to other similar clubs to themselves and have a deluded arrogant fanbase.

The better question is whether one likes or hates Mansfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
    I've never got it. To me, they're too far away and too different a type of club to be relevant. It's a non-rivalry and I'm interested in them about as much as I'm interested in Stenhousemuir.

Never really been rivals so not bothered. Reddogs on the other hand!!

I've no issue with Mansfield, probably because it wasn't until the 11th time I saw us play them that we lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpymoo View Post
    I will soon find myself in that boat and I am a Forest fan.

I have spent good money the last few years following Notts, home and away. That is more than "throwing money in a bucket and wishing well". That is committing time and money to a club. I admit, I enjoyed watching Notts under Birchnall at times, that is the only reason I started going.

Was I at Wembley, Yes.

Some of the "anti Forest" talk you hear around Meadow Lane is hilarious.

Competitively, we have played Notts soo infrequently, I do not consider Notts a rivalry, I see another Nottingham club whom I want to do well. Would I begrudge them a higher run in the Premier league above Forest, NO.

My two boys are Notts fans BECAUSE I gave them a choice, took them to both clubs, explained the history of the clubs. Do they hate Forest and want them to FAIL, no, they come along to the Forest games too. I think there are more "hybrid" Nottingham fans than people realise.

I cannot recall a single chant at Forest about Notts County when not playing them. Do we sing about Derby, Leicester, Sheffield Utd, Leeds, yes, and rightly so............ I HATE SHEFFIELD UNITED .
    Thanks for your support of course, all £s welcome. I just don't get this idea of supporting two sides from the same city or conurbation. I support England and Scotland nations, but this somewhat uncomfortable situation is caused by the fact that I was born & raised in the former, but have lived most of my life in the latter.

For years my top three wish list for results has been:

1. Notts win
    2. Forest defeat
    3. Mansfield defeat

For most of this season a Wrexham defeat took second spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    For years my top three wish list for results has been:

1. Notts win
    2. Forest defeat
    3. Mansfield defeat

For most of this season a Wrexham defeat took second spot.
    ^^^^
    Is the right answer 👍

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I've never got it. To me, they're too far away and too different a type of club to be relevant. It's a non-rivalry and I'm interested in them about as much as I'm interested in Stenhousemuir.
    Stenhousemuir PAH! Splitters.

Quote Originally Posted by nottscol View Post
    I have a friend who has a season ticket at both clubs. Can you imagine that at Glasgow, Liverpool, Sheffield ot Bristol? I think it is great that she just wants to support Nottingham football. Let's regard Mansfield as our big rivals!
    I could regard Mansfield as our little rivals.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast