+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we really hate Forest?

I was dragged to the occasional Forest game as a kid in the 70's, even held the European Cup once.

There were a few season ticket holders in the family, most of them went to Hillsborough. I was a student in Leeds at the time listening to that unfold on the radio. Most of them never went to another game of football after that. Puts all the hate talk into perspective.

I don't look out for their results, don't read about them on BBC Nott'm. l know just enough to wind up my step brother but hate is a bit strong.

I save that for Mansfield Town.

I don't hate F as a club but I do hate some of their arrogant supporters.
    Take for example that Aaron fellow on radio red, he presents 'All in the game'', where he and 'Fox and Freebs' crack one off if they win a point.
    Between them they predicted they were going to finish 4th, 5th or 7th and win a domestic cup, all before a ball was kicked.
    Another one is their use of 'The World Famous City Ground!' WTF? Only in the small minded F world.
    Who do they think they are?

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    Another one is their use of 'The World Famous City Ground!' WTF? Only in the small minded F world.
    The first time I saw 'WFCG' I genuinely had to Google a bit to find out what it signified. Cracks me up every time.

Thanks to all who have contributed for what has been an enlightening fred. I still think it's a bit heavy to say you hate anyone/ organisation because hate is such a destructive emotion (like the Italians say 'hate enough to seek revenge and be prepared to dig two graves' (or something similar).
    As probably one of the oldest contributors on this board, can I say what joy Luke Williams' boys have given me this year by restoring our status as the world's oldest professional club (and thereby wrestling it back from Nottingham's dark side)?
    My health has not been good since a triple a in 2010 and it was my big wish that Notts would be back in the EFL before the end of my days, Next wish? A return to Div 2 or the Championship in modern money.

Here's hoping your wish comes true sidders.

Got mates who are Forest fans and I still wanted them to go down. Only mitigating factor is they stuck with Cooper and I don't mind seeing loyalty rewarded.

They all don't care and want Notts to do well and don't see us as rivals but I remember how much they celebrated winning the League Cup game against us.

If we'd won - it would've been excuse after excuse about how they don't really care and focusing on the league.

One of my biggeet hopes for life is to see Notts take 3 points off Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    I don't hate F as a club but I do hate some of their arrogant supporters.
    Take for example that Aaron fellow on radio red, he presents 'All in the game'', where he and 'Fox and Freebs' crack one off if they win a point.
    Between them they predicted they were going to finish 4th, 5th or 7th and win a domestic cup, all before a ball was kicked.
    That Aron Verma or whatever his name is sounds like a right drip, I heard him once going on about how he went to the City Ground from the BBC studio in a taxi on a matchday, it would have been quicker to walk.

Got to agree with you on their arrogant supporters and their belittling of their clubs older brother and our supporters. Some of the F word supporters are fine but others hate us and every local team barring Mansfield. It's not the club that I take a disliking to though. It's just the Hovis brigade that still live in their past glory.

The "bAcK wHeRe We BeLoNg" brigade are incredibly annoying. They were out the Premier League 23 years.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    The "bAcK wHeRe We BeLoNg" brigade are incredibly annoying. They were out the Premier League 23 years.
    Their average position in the pyramid is 23rd, which puts them in tier 2. Their average position in the Championship since they got out of tier 3 was 14th (32nd in the pyramid). They got promoted after finishing 4th.

They never once had the highest average 2nd tier gate during their 2008-2022 stretch at that level, most seasons there were at least 4 clubs in that division averaging higher, they were down in 10th on 2nd tier average gates in both 2016/17 and 2017/18.

So the premise is entirely based on what happened 40+ years ago, which is not to say that doesn't hold any value, but Huddersfield won the top flight three seasons in a row, which nobody has yet bettered and only Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and now Man City have equalled, does that mean Huddersfield belong in the top flight?
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 24-05-2023 at 06:05 PM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast