+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- James McClean

O/T:- James McClean

I see Wrexham have signed James McClean. Good signing. Plenty milage left in him and he always gives 100%.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2023...-wrexham-cast/
    Last edited by SwalePie; 05-08-2023 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

Cracking signing for them. Really surprised he dropped to L2!

Love him in an irepand shirt, always gives 100%.. 250 grand for a 34 year old on a 1 year contract is simply nuts though, I suppose its just Wrexham throwing their financial weight around

Great signing for them, still a championship quality player, but a very strange move. You would have thought he would want to play as high as possible whilst he still can at that age, it’s not like it was with Dizzy wanting to come back to where his career started.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post
    Great signing for them, still a championship quality player, but a very strange move. You would have thought he would want to play as high as possible whilst he still can at that age, it’s not like it was with Dizzy wanting to come back to where his career started.
    He says it's because they offered a 2 year contract. The Independent say that they have offered 'Championship wages'.

Don't forget that in 3 years they will be in the Premiership!

You never know until you see how he fits in but I'd have thought that's an excellent signing.

Cracking signing. He's the sort of player you'd hate to play against. Aggressive, positive, and never stops running. Probably the best player in the division.