+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wembley thread

Wembley thread

What's your thoughts on the game and plans for the day guys?

Last official update was that 20k tickets had been sold after day 2. Looking like we'll top 30k by the end of the week I reckon.

Down Sunday pm. To Hemel. Mrs Jules’ birthday on match day, so driving straight back afterwards and a “dry” day as she is working early Monday morning. Second tine this is happened on her birthday…
    Match wise…. I think 2-1 us. After a 2-0 lead, and a squeeky bum last 30 minutes. Just think that they may have stretched themselves against Posh.

Well it’s been unsettled here in Espana for the last four days, better weather in Barnsley apparently, it all depends on what it’s like on the day.

If it’s a nice day then it’s on the balcony to watch the game otherwise indoors. Champagne on ice win or lose we will knock it down.

Plenty of our Sans beers in if we win it will be out in the evening to celebrate.

Good luck to the Super Reds, turn up and give it a good go, that’s all we can ask for.

Not going. Haven’t been to any games under this ownership and I’m not jumping on the band wagon now. Man of principle.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Not going. Haven’t been to any games under this ownership and I’m not jumping on the band wagon now. Man of principle.
    I admire your principle. However, this may be the last time some of us get to see the Reds at Wembley. A long list of names at the final match of the season didn’t get the choice. Totally admire you for sticking to your guns. But the “bandwagon” wasn’t around in the 70’s when ANY Wembley visit looked a very long way off and i’m not gonna mis any opportunity to see the Reds at Wembley.
    Wether fans go or not to this game, it wont hurt or help the board.

Fair play to you though EthelRed.

What grief have you got about the ownership

Haven’t you read the dissenting posts on here over the last 4 years grass?

Until they pay the crynes for the club I’m absent. Same as many others.

When they actually invest in the best interests of Barnsley, BFC and its history, BFC supporters they won’t get any money from me.

Enjoy the current situation if it floats your boat but mine has run aground. I hope for change, it’s my team and my town and this lot are here to make money .. end of story.

The nerves are kicking in for me right now, and I actually agree with you Eth.
    But as for the match itself, against the pigs... I don't know what to do with myself, in this build up. 😥

Don’t misunderstand my loyalty to BFC, I desperately hope they win. That’s for the town and the supporters.

What happens if we go up? How much investment that would be desperately needed can you see this lot putting in?

On the other hand if we lose what happens then? Fire sale to cover up the Shyte show of a financial position this lot have put us in? To all those that are going I hope it’s a great day and to those that aren’t I hope you enjoy it too.

I will watch from afar and return to the fold if I see genuine commitment fro the ownership.

By the way what happened to the announcement of the big thing we would all like to be part of?? Surely it wasn’t just the agreement to launch a women’s team was it??

Hope thy holds together Acido.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast