+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Manager for next season...

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    If you look at things objectively then Ridsdale did far more damage to the club - he securitised the gate receipts, bought players without fully owning them, paid way over the odds in salary for average players 50k PW for Seth Johnson ffs and left us in such a financial mess it took years to clear up and left us in the clutches of Ken Bates.

Radz was the owner who got us back up, invested heavily in players, the ground and the training facilities.

Yes he has made huge mistakes in the last 18 months - seemingly, by listening to Orta too much. If he goes it looks like we will be owned by 49ers investments a very professional well funded entity.

Don’t let any of that get in the way of the little englander vitriol though.
    Fu ck, from Seth Johnston to Rutter. We don’t really do much learning at Leeds do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Fu ck, from Seth Johnston to Rutter. We don’t really do much learning at Leeds do we?
    Learn, who? The supporters? Nope, we keep shelling out highest prices for tickets, apparel, etc, because "We are Leeds".

Owners, they care? Begs the question, just when (if ever) will we see a club owner that has a tenth of the feelings for this club that supporters have shown over decades?

And there's the rub. Various owners, the latest being that disgusting hypocrite from Milan, have viewed LUFC as nothing more than a cash-cow, monies coming either from us, the gullible, ever-lasting loyal supporters, and/or the obscene amounts to be scraped from the trough of Sky and the other broadcasting rights providers.

My 2 cents now that we are relegated.

It really has to be someone without any current connection to the club. that was a such a fecal fest the past year that many of our Loanees are turned off and the few players that we don't sell are broke.

Need a fresh perspective and the time to sort it out. I know it's a pipe dream but someone like a Potter or Rogers would be incredible. If, by some fluke, the 49's sale goes through quick there will be some money for the new coach to play with.

I also know this won't be popular but what if Rutter is the real deal along with Perkins and Joseph? that could be one impressive building block. You might be able to keep Summerville or Sinisterra.

A coach of that stature also increases or chance of keeping Adams or bring back Drameh.

Rogers has failed at most clubs apart from Celtic and that's to be frank who can't manage them in that league? Porter will be stupid to f up his resume by joining us.
    We need a young exciting manager and a team behind him not to be willing to give in to Premadona players because they are sooks ohh he trains us too hard oohh he won't play me so on.
    Forget these old tested managers we need fresh ideas and a team built from scratch whether most of the under 23s and 21s come in or new recruits.
    Looking at our list I would not keep any apart from Gnonto not counting the loans or under 20 teams.
    I know we can't get rid of all perhaps someone stupid may pick up a couple.
    I just don't want to see any faces next season which I saw this.
    Wishful thinking as my heart says we will see a starting lineup off
    Robles
    Ayling Cooper Pat Dallas
    Foreshaw Greenwood shekelton
    Summer Bamf rutter

I want Dallas only experience I want out there. Didn't include any of Gnonto and so on which I think won't be here.
    Klarko
    Drameh Hedje Creswell Dallas
    Gray Gyabi allen
    Perkins Rutter joseph

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Rogers has failed at most clubs apart from Celtic and that's to be frank who can't manage them in that league? Porter will be stupid to f up his resume by joining us.
    We need a young exciting manager and a team behind him not to be willing to give in to Premadona players because they are sooks ohh he trains us too hard oohh he won't play me so on.
    Forget these old tested managers we need fresh ideas and a team built from scratch whether most of the under 23s and 21s come in or new recruits.
    Looking at our list I would not keep any apart from Gnonto not counting the loans or under 20 teams.
    I know we can't get rid of all perhaps someone stupid may pick up a couple.
    I just don't want to see any faces next season which I saw this.
    Wishful thinking as my heart says we will see a starting lineup off
    Robles
    Ayling Cooper Pat Dallas
    Foreshaw Greenwood shekelton
    Summer Bamf rutter

I want Dallas only experience I want out there. Didn't include any of Gnonto and so on which I think won't be here.
    Klarko
    Drameh Hedje Creswell Dallas
    Gray Gyabi allen
    Perkins Rutter joseph
    Not sure Summerville or Greenwood will stay, if the right offer came along (why would they?).

As for the rest of the second group (presuming those are the players you are suggesting we should keep?);

Drameh will go, either staying with Luton or another PL team that has seen how good he is

Hjelde - ditto

Cresswell, might stay, but is likely to have options at Millwall, or perhaps at a PL club as a "development" player (because he got f00k all of that at LUFC!)

Dallas is unlikely to go anywhere in the short term, but his return from such a long lay off won't be to full fitness any time soon

Gray, Gyabi, Allen & Perkins, who knows, but most will have been seen by other clubs (probably with the exception of Joseph who hasn't had much game time of any sort), so don't be surprised if most leave

Rutter.. are you serious? No-one will want to buy him (certainly not for anywhere close to the £35m we paid!), and he's shown zero promise for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not sure Summerville or Greenwood will stay, if the right offer came along (why would they?).

As for the rest of the second group (presuming those are the players you are suggesting we should keep?);

Drameh will go, either staying with Luton or another PL team that has seen how good he is

Hjelde - ditto

Cresswell, might stay, but is likely to have options at Millwall, or perhaps at a PL club as a "development" player (because he got f00k all of that at LUFC!)

Dallas is unlikely to go anywhere in the short term, but his return from such a long lay off won't be to full fitness any time soon

Gray, Gyabi, Allen & Perkins, who knows, but most will have been seen by other clubs (probably with the exception of Joseph who hasn't had much game time of any sort), so don't be surprised if most leave

Rutter.. are you serious? No-one will want to buy him (certainly not for anywhere close to the £35m we paid!), and he's shown zero promise for the future.
    That's why I included him in my team none will be crazy to pay that much but then again Mr. Orta gave them all a get-out clause in the contracts so maybe force to sell for 5 mil lol
    Creswell Drameh Hjelde and others would stay if we got decent owners and decent managers which would give them a chance.
    The ones you said will go is BS as they are under contract and unless we agree they can't go anywhere. All young stars don't have the get-out clause only the millionaire mercenaries we brought in.

That's why I included him in my team none will be crazy to pay that much but then again Mr. Orta gave them all a get-out clause in the contracts so maybe force to sell for 5 mil lol
    Creswell Drameh Hjelde and others would stay if we got decent owners and decent managers which would give them a chance.
    The ones you said will go is BS as they are under contract and unless we agree they can't go anywhere. All young stars don't have the get-out clause only the millionaire mercenaries we brought in.
    Why would Drameh turn down the certainty of PL football with Luton who have already started the ball rolling to acquire him (or a number of other PL clubs said to be interested) for a possibility of some time, maybe, with a club that is about to go through one of the most radical re-structuring in its history with absolutely no certainty as to the outcome of that process?

Hjelde and Cresswell aren't in quite a strong a position, but they will be as open to the impacts of the club re-structuring as anyone, and if offers from more stable, better run, more solidly financed clubs come in (Championship or PL) why wouldn't they leave after their treatment at the hands of the LUFC "player development" team?

It's not BS by any stretch of the imagination to suggest the players I refer to would leave if the opportunity comes along. Just what world do you live in to arrive at a conclusion where a cash-strapped club (US!) will have players who want away, but who are under contract, simply warming the bench, instead of being sold?. Of course the club has to agree, but in what world would they not, the alternative being a want-away player who is being kept simply because we can (and performing just how well?)?

They (the young players who have been f00ked over by LUFC either as loanees or stuck in the U21s etc), don't need get-out clauses, they only apply to the players no-one will want (Aaronson, Roca, Rutter etc etc), all the youngsters needs are clubs interested in taking them and there are plenty.

Oh and let's not forget Gelhardt, probably the most badly treated of all the loanees, play for Leeds again, I suspect not.

Why would Drameh turn down the certainty of PL football with Luton who have already started the ball rolling to acquire him (or a number of other PL clubs said to be interested) for a possibility of some time, maybe, with a club that is about to go through one of the most radical re-structuring in its history with absolutely no certainty as to the outcome of that process?

Hjelde and Cresswell aren't in quite a strong a position, but they will be as open to the impacts of the club re-structuring as anyone, and if offers from more stable, better run, more solidly financed clubs come in (Championship or PL) why wouldn't they leave after their treatment at the hands of the LUFC "player development" team?

It's not BS by any stretch of the imagination to suggest the players I refer to would leave if the opportunity comes along. Just what world do you live in to arrive at a conclusion where a cash-strapped club (US!) will have players who want away, but who are under contract, simply warming the bench, instead of being sold?. Of course the club has to agree, but in what world would they not, the alternative being a want-away player who is being kept simply because we can (and performing just how well?)?

They (the young players who have been f00ked over by LUFC either as loanees or stuck in the U21s etc), don't need get-out clauses, they only apply to the players no-one will want (Aaronson, Roca, Rutter etc etc), all the youngsters needs are clubs interested in taking them and there are plenty.

Oh and let's not forget Gelhardt, probably the most badly treated of all the loanees, play for Leeds again, I suspect not.
    He is contracted he can't go anywhere if we don't want to sell. He can't want to sign a contract and want to go elsewhere.
    He will go don't get me wrong because the greedy ******* will want some going away money. If I was treated like they were I would not want to stay either. But the ball is in the club's court, not theirs.

He is contracted he can't go anywhere if we don't want to sell. He can't want to sign a contract and want to go elsewhere.
    He will go don't get me wrong because the greedy ******* will want some going away money. If I was treated like they were I would not want to stay either. But the ball is in the club's court, not theirs.
    I said, the club would have to agree if he wanted to go, the same as any other player under contract. What would you do if you were whoever it is at LUFC who would be faced with a transfer request from him or any other player mentioned above? Say, "No, you are under contract and that's the end of it, you will do what we say until your contract expires", Really? Good luck with that strategy.

The ball is most certainly NOT in the clubs court. They may have a contract with a player, but that player will have options, one of which is to apply for a transfer, at which point the club has a decision to make, say no, and have want-away player who is unlikely to perform at the optimum, or realise the asset and move on.

Neither Gelhardt nor any of the younger players would be greedy FFS, not like some who were brought in on the £150m we spent since last August, they are young players who want 1st team football, which is entirely understandable and right. If LUFC had had half a brain cell to rub between all those who were responsible for team selection and youth development, they would have used those resources wisely, instead of f00king about with a load of w4nks simply because they wanted to please the 49-ers.

I said, the club would have to agree if he wanted to go, the same as any other player under contract. What would you do if you were whoever it is at LUFC who would be faced with a transfer request from him or any other player mentioned above? Say, "No, you are under contract and that's the end of it, you will do what we say until your contract expires", Really? Good luck with that strategy.

The ball is most certainly NOT in the clubs court. They may have a contract with a player, but that player will have options, one of which is to apply for a transfer, at which point the club has a decision to make, say no, and have want-away player who is unlikely to perform at the optimum, or realise the asset and move on.

Neither Gelhardt nor any of the younger players would be greedy FFS, not like some who were brought in on the £150m we spent since last August, they are young players who want 1st team football, which is entirely understandable and right. If LUFC had had half a brain cell to rub between all those who were responsible for team selection and youth development, they would have used those resources wisely, instead of f00king about with a load of w4nks simply because they wanted to please the 49-ers.
    Lol greedy bast I was talking about Radz ffs

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)