+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Manager for next season...

Manager for next season...

Current favourite is Brendan Rodgers.

Thoughts?

we could do a whole lot worse.

I think he might be an excellent choice given his knowledge of the English game.

the fact is that he'll have money to spend if the 49's buy us. His input would mean we'd likely use use it more wisely than Ted.

I would not be too disappointed if Big Sam stayed, as I feel he would really sort the squad out given a chance and build a decent mid table prem team.

Though would prefer Rodgers and even Potter as their team play better football.

I think the same, Rogers would be a good choice if the 49ers are going to buy in and commit to a long term project to rebuild. Give him the funds to buy in a squad that gels and has team spirit. Something this current squad does not show much of which is not surprising given what they have had to put up with. I like fit and call Bielsa a tyrant for fitness but that squad was bloody good to watch and since his departure, the current squad look knackered after one half of football.

I wouldn’t say no to Potter either on the same understanding - long term and no knee jerk reactions when a coach is putting something together that might take a season or more to come to fruition.

If I had my way, Bielsa would not have gone. Orta yes, Bielsa no. Radrizzani needs to go now and let the fans start to believe we can get back to the Premiership and continue to build from there. Radz has not had his eye on the ball for some time now and ultimately the club playing Championship football is exactly what we were when he arrived yet my season tickets (corporate) have increased big style. Bielsa days were fantastic but post Bielsa and its been utter ****e and very very depressing

Much as I think Big Sam has done alright (the results are poor) don’t think he is one to build for the future.

Not convinced by Rodgers either but we may have fewer options in the EFL.

Would prefer someone a bit younger and on the rise. Celtic manager (if he would be willing to come) or a younger talented coach.

Please god not Lampard or Gerrard.

Lampard hopey?

Surely the club ain't that stupid......

Rodgers be great but he is better than the Championship and I'd be amazed if he didn't get a better job.

Corberan would be good, done great with West Brom but already turned us down once basically.

Allardyce, no thanks.

Just someone who tries to play good football, has experience and knows the English game. Please no 'projects' like Marsch was, just give us someone with a bit of a track record I'm not asking for 20 years experience but someone who has at least done 5/6 with some success

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Much as I think Big Sam has done alright (the results are poor) don’t think he is one to build for the future.

Not convinced by Rodgers either but we may have fewer options in the EFL.

Would prefer someone a bit younger and on the rise. Celtic manager (if he would be willing to come) or a younger talented coach.

Please god not Lampard or Gerrard.
    How are the results poor? Gave it to Man City and should have beaten Castle. Led at west ham and the players once again let us down. Dude is a good manager, not a miracle worker.

Whoever it is, just hope they have final say on players leaving, more so on players coming in, no more yanks, but 4-5 fit, experienced players, who know English style football. Club takeover, manager, transfers etc, needs to be completed quickly, as a hard, no-nonsense pre season will be *****. After the laughing stock of past 2 seasons, we need to hit the ground hard, no excuses, no " it takes time to gel " nonsense.

Chris Wilder? No more foreign experiments.
    Need someone to ruthlessly decide who he wants and doesn't want. Massive changes required to entire squad. Needs sorting early.
    Plus let's spend money on quality.
    Make Jamie vardy an offer he and Leicester can't refuse. Get Ellis Simms from Everton up front with him. We can afford it.
    Not being specific but think we should be decisive and direct asap.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)