+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: L2 play-off final

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    No seriously, we have had a terrible last two seasons and yet we basically have the same team next season too...That is bad news for the fans and ST sales, isn't it?
    Basically the same team Mike?
    Next season.
    Different keeper, or Booth who would be different to most of this season
    Different right back
    O’Riordan as a first choice CH
    Possibly no Rod McD/Offord
    No Callum Ainley
    Probably no Dan Aygei
    No Sambou
    No Finnegan
    No Brook
    A new player in Chris Long
    Holicek starting to break through
    C Finney playing regularly
    In addition to the 4/5/6 that will be brought in either on contract or loan.
    Substantially different I would say.[/QUOTE]

There is always a turnover of players for various reasons, and next season will be no different. And I don't really expect us to be amongst the front runners next season. All you can ask for is improvement in results and performances. And there were indications of that in the second half of last season and Bell deserves some credit for turning things round. We should have some good games played in front of some decent crowds next season and I am looking forward to it more than this time last year.

What we all craved for last season was stability after the horror show that was the season before. And that's exactly what we got. Mid table finish, signs of some decent football at times and a manager who is sending out a lot of the right signals with his signings.

"I've lost count how many times I have been to Stockport when we played them. I have been to Carlisle and it is a long way and so for me it has to be SC to lose at Wembley."
    In spite of the fear of dragging this out...I've re-read the above a number of times now but still cannot see how it disagrees with what I thought you said, MSB.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    "I've lost count how many times I have been to Stockport when we played them. I have been to Carlisle and it is a long way and so for me it has to be SC to lose at Wembley."
    In spite of the fear of dragging this out...I've re-read the above a number of times now but still cannot see how it disagrees with what I thought you said, MSB.
    Its an age thing!

I cannot remember what I said two minutes ago..

It was the question mark you placed at the end, suggesting that I had not made my mind up when I posted that I wanted SC to lose at Wembly in my second sentence but I also said that it was likely that Carlisle would win based on how easily they beat Bradford.

I think now, tonight, that SC will win and we will play Carlisle next season. I think that, based on the fans support which will be far greater than Carlisle.

Is all that clear now?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Its an age thing!

I cannot remember what I said two minutes ago..

It was the question mark you placed at the end, suggesting that I had not made my mind up when I posted that I wanted SC to lose at Wembly in my second sentence but I also said that it was likely that Carlisle would win based on how easily they beat Bradford.

I think now, tonight, that SC will win and we will play Carlisle next season. I think that, based on the fans support which will be far greater than Carlisle.

Is all that clear now?
    Can’t remember what you said?
    Ffs, don’t ever put a hammer, screwdriver, pliers down within reach. You’ll spend the next 10 minutes looking for them, and blaming everyone else but yourself for not being able to find them. I speak from experience.

I think many of us have been there.

So Carlisle win on penalties. Smiles all round, on here then!
    I have got a friend who's a County fan but i haven't told him I didn't want them to win.😃

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So Carlisle win on penalties. Smiles all round, on here then!
    I have got a friend who's a County fan but i haven't told him I didn't want them to win.��
    Same!

Financially the best result for us, by a long way! Carlisle would bring 200 if we're lucky, Stockport will bring over 2000.

Right! The second part of my plan was no games against Wrexham, Stockport, Bradford, Notts County, Morecambe, Salford or Accrington between September 10 and October 5 as I'm out of the country!! Surely my luck can't hold!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast